Looking for some decent 5.25" speakers

Scotnemily

Yeah I am bad I know. There is a big problem. What I would like vs what I will have a chance at ever getting done. My big problem is time. Most days I leave to go to work around 7:00 AM and don't get back home (except for lunch break) until around 10:30-midnight. That is why my sub box is taking a long time to do much with. I can probably find time enough on a weekend to swap out the 5.25" speakers. maybe even the other 2 speakers even if I did 1 door per weekend. The image with the extra speakers will probably be a year before I get it completed. I think the door panels are a perfect candidate for more speakers especially when I have an extra set the same color just setting around. This isn't the first time I have thought about doing something like this. :)

Looking at it some more and doing some thinking, I really think that adding 2 additional 6.5" drivers in each door is going overboard. I think If I do something similar to the image I posted, I will just d a single 6.5" and also replace the factory 5.25" speaker. then for the 2' mid and tweeter, maybe just a larger single tweeter. That should be a huge upgrade in sound and not be crazy at the same time. Maybe a ribbon tweeter? I haven't heard any for a while, but I used to love my infinity Emit ribbons on my A pillar..

I am also thinking about the Deaf Bonce Arnold 6.5" speakers. Thoughts? what would be a good 5.25" to go along with them, or another recommended one?  Now I can use the 5.25" more for mid range and not mid bass so this might change the driver I would use somewhat. thanks Also maybe the 5.25" isn't even needed with something like the Arnold. I hear the play really loud and sound good.

Thanks

Same here. I have read a lot of good things, and seen a lot of videos on them. I am using one of their amps, or will be for the subs. No experience with them yet though

Ok so I talked to a Semi local alphard dealer. They are about 4 hours from me. When I told him kind of what I wanted, he didn't really recommend me getting the Deaf Bonce 6.5". I told him I wanted a good driver that had good mid bass. He said they aren't designed for that. mid range yes, vocals yes, mid bass, no. Not sure how much mid bass I am even gonna hear, or want, but someone that sells them says I shouldn't get them. That is good enough to make me look for something else. He did recommend the black hydra speakers. he sells them also. I haven't got to hear them though and they are considerably more than I was looking at spending. To be clear he didn't say don't got with the DB spend 4 times as much on these instead. We were just going through any options through him or ideas he had for other speakers. I think I even asked about the BH speakers.... anyway I am still looking. I think I want a 6.5" with good mid bass then a 5.25" for my vocals. I am open on the tweeter. 

What about these for the 6.5"?

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs150p-4a-6-reference-paper-woofer-4-ohm--295-563

Yes it is listed as a 6" but I have to make the pod for it anyway so no big deal

And these for the 5.25"?

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-nd140-4-5-1-4-aluminum-cone-midbass-neo-driver-4-ohm--290-216

Thoughts? I think it could work nicely. maybe I am smoking something though...

I also looked at this guy for the 6.5"

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w6-1139sif-6-1-2-paper-cone-subwoofer-speaker--264-919

just an fyi, i had my meso components in my e39 wagon.  i completely disconnected the factory midrange in the front doors.  you'll never miss it.  not with a proper set of components.  i originally went with a speaker upgrade and replaced all 3 in each door with oem+ speakers from madisound/parts express, but they weren't enough for me.  I've never been happier with a set of components than i was with those mesos.  but whatevs, just my $0.02  you do you

Archived