Looking for some decent 5.25" speakers

Scotnemily

2 hours ago, Scotnemily said:

Good to know! Thx M8!

also did you use the 5.25” components or 6.5”?

5.25"  your door should have a factory sealed enclosure for the front door woofers, you could make it work with the meso midbass reasonably easily and get that awesome midbass you want

i have some polk DB 5.25" componets. not sure what the tweeter size was but it was either .76 or 1" iirc. not the highest end speakers but they sound pretty damn good on a budget, might be worth your time to try them.

Thanks yeah it does have the enclosure. I think I might start there. Try the 5.25” component set. If I still think I need more I can always make the speaker pod to hold additional speakers.

@strangeduck Thx I didn't see your post until now. I think we were posting about the same time, or mine hadn't updated

I ended up buying a 5.25" CT sounds Meso Component set on Amazon. they had a used like new repackaged for under $60 I figured for that price it would be hard to pass up. if I don't like them it is only $60. they will be here tomorrow too. I probably won't get them installed that quickly though

Oh also the pod in the picture I posted was done as a 3d model. just for the heck of it, I sent it out for a quote for 3d printing. I had to break it up into sections, but I got quote back. they will cost $80 total for both sides to have made out of ABS. I might change the design and get a quote for a single speaker, or maybe one that has a place for the tweeter. If I feel like I need more than the component set I purchased, I may move ahead and have something printed. it sure would save a lot of time. even if I had to reinforce it with fiberglass .

On 10/17/2019 at 10:28 AM, Scotnemily said:

Oh also the pod in the picture I posted was done as a 3d model. just for the heck of it, I sent it out for a quote for 3d printing. I had to break it up into sections, but I got quote back. they will cost $80 total for both sides to have made out of ABS. I might change the design and get a quote for a single speaker, or maybe one that has a place for the tweeter. If I feel like I need more than the component set I purchased, I may move ahead and have something printed. it sure would save a lot of time. even if I had to reinforce it with fiberglass .

i wouldnt worry about the pod unless youre going to go dual woofer in each door.  the woofer and tweeter placement from the factory is really good for the sound stage.  and i got my first set of mesos for $60 a few years back too!  trust me, for $60, you will feel like you stole them.  they are excellent quality.  just don't forget to amp them and set the gains correctly, they love some power.

Ok thx M8! I will probably be powering them with my old PPI Art A606. that is what I am using right now just to push the subs. Here are the specs for the amp in case anyone is not familiar with it and was wondering...

vfqmAYm.jpg

The speakers came in today. I haven’t got to test them yet, but everything looks new just repackaged. They look impressive and they seem to be made very well. Now I just want to hear them

Test those used before buttoning up the install.

Lots of times people use Amazon to replace shit they fucked up and send old shit back.

If it's sold by "xxxx" and shipped by "Amazon" it goes straight back to a Amazon warehouse as long as it looks good the resell it with no resting at all.

Yeah I have had some things like that in the past. I am definitely going to test them before I even pull off a door panel. Thx for the advice!

Archived