Limitless Lithium Information

Hey guys, Tyler Bailey from Limitless Lithium here. 

I have been looking around the forums for posts about lithiums and seeing where I could help with some input and education for those who just don't know much about lithium and how they mix into our audio electrical systems. 

If you have any questions, feel free to comment or message me direct on FB or even drop @limitlesslithium on instagram a message and I will get back to you asap. Or even give me a call at the West Coast Limitless Lithium warehouse in Reno, NV at 775-384-8247.

Now, I will try to go over a lot of the frequently asked questions and even get into a little bit of what cells we use in our Gorillas and why they are different (and also not for everybody) than our original blue batteries. 

The following questions are pertaining to our original Blue series battery, and probably pretty close with other lifepo4 batteries out there.

Question: Do the Limitless Lithium Batteries work with AGM batteries?

• Answer: Yes, they do. They rest between 13.2-13.3v whereas most AGMs rest around 12.7-13v. The AGM will be a slight draw on the lithium but once the car is on, the alternator will recharge it within a few moments back to full charge. This will also assist with maintaining your AGM batteries as proper maintenance says an AGM should be kept on a trickle charge when not in use. 

Question: What is the lowest voltage a Limitless Lithium blue series can be drained down to?

• 10.8v is the lowest it can be drained down to without damaging the cells. 

Question: What is the highest voltage a Limitless Lithium blue series can be charged at?

• 14.8v for the 12v batteries and 18v for the 16v batteries. (a cold start in the low 15s for the first couple of minutes when first starting your vehicle will not hurt)

Now, for the Gorillas series (LTO) it is a little different.

For our G series, unless you are chasing above 14.8v, they are NOT for you. 

If you are charging above 14.8v, but not above 16v, they are your answer! 15.5v is around the best place to be, but a little above or below won't hurt. 

The Gorilla series CANNOT be mixed with ANYTHING other than caps. Not even our blue series battery should be paired with a Gorilla series battery.

Below is some information we posted on our facebook page explaining the cells we use and a little bit of the guidelines and information on how the cells are connected within our cases. 

Some have been wondering what cells are in the new Gorilla series batteries so we decided we would go ahead and officially publish what cells we are using. We’re using the Toshiba 10ah SCiB cells. This is a snip from the Toshiba website outlining the different cells they offer and the recommended uses for them. We used what we feel are the very best cells Toshiba has to offer. These are new cells that have never been cycled. 

A few things to note about these batteries. Each cell is laser welded to nickel alloy strips. Laser welding is the most efficient way to transfer the massive amounts current these cells provide while keeping heat to a minimum. They are in a 6 cell configuration. Each cell is 2.4v so the nominal voltage of the Gorilla series batteries is 14.4v. That means they work best when your car is able to charge above the nominal voltage of the pack. If your car charges below this voltage our blue Lifepo4 battery is the best option for your application. 

Our current batteries aren’t going anywhere. They are still a great option for those running lower voltage levels and can’t charge in the high 14s. We will be keeping both lines in stock. This gives us the largest lineup of lithium battery options available in the industry. We appreciate every customer that has purchased a Limitless Lithium and we will continue to work hard to bring the very best batteries to market every day! 

image.thumb.png.bb7404dbc3cee98e06fad4d52b106e6f.png

www.LowHertzCarAudio.com

IG: LowHertzCarAudio

Facebook: Low Hertz Car Audio

www.lowhertzcaraudio.com

• 2015 Top Dog Champion
  • Limitless Lithium West Coast Warehouse 

Archived