Second Skin Audio

Ideas help please

Marvin1980

Ok guys first awesome page just found been browsing for hours hats off guys!! Ok I have a 2012 suburban that I’m ready to add some bass too I have a pair of sa12 4ohm sitting in the garage from my last ride not wanting to use all my rear deck with a box so if you had your choice of box designs what would you go with I have the tools to build anything just not sure what direction I want to go and also what amp would you pair up with them I blew my 1400.1 ct sounds so looking for new power 

I use those exact subs in my rig on a DC 2k. Other amps are better watts/$ sure. 

Throw em in a ported trunk box, seal it off if you can. Only thing I would change with mine is side port it, and increase the port area. 

If you really want to protect the subs make some custom grill panels or buy some compatible ones. I personally rather see my subs moving instead of down firing them... but thats all preference. 

I've never kerfed but I'm pretty sure its a similar process to calculate volume. Except it's no longer a simple box. Break the box up into pieces, the kerfed section will end up looking like a part of a circle. Check out these posts for some help calculating it.

- Volume - 

https://www.caraudio.com/threads/how-to-calculate-cubic-feet-of-kerfed-box.554793/

- Port length - 

Archived