Sonic Electronix

Being a Noob Really Got me.

I Purchased a Rockford FosGate R500x years ago had a Kicker Subwoofer Don't remember the model number, Sold the sub an Kepted the amp. I decided get back in the audio world "Noob" Found a guy selling a Alpine R-W10D2, Guy had it Labeled as R-W10D4 600RMS. I didn't research it "NooB", I went to his home he had Put it in a box tested it Sounded Amazing!. Now I'm Stuck with a Sub I can't Fully use since I'm limited too 4Ohms Since my amp isn't stable at 1Ohm. Nothing I can do now right but Spend More Money? Yes I Know Some will Scold Me. 

2 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

I know nothing about that driver. But, doesn't the D, in the product code, mean DUAL?  Dual 4ohm coils ? What nominal load are you wired at now? (Or, where do you think you are?)

The Amp can be Wired 4ohm 300w or 2ohm 500w, 1ohm isn't stable The Sub is rated 2ohm 750RMS. From the little I know is I can only wire 4ohm or 1ohm is this correct? Or am I missing something entirely From the miss information I was given about the sub I'm limited too 4ohm 300w. Sub has jumpers I'm wired to 4ohms since my amp isn't 1ohm stable.

The amp, doesnt dictate load. The driver(s) does/do..

Again,  I dont know this driver, but if it's a dual4, then a 2ohm nominal load, is achievable. (Along with a 8oh load)

You can NOT get 1, that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Again,  I dont know this driver, but if it's a dual4, then a 2ohm nominal load, is achievable. (Along with a 8oh load)

You can NOT get 1, that's for sure. 

It's a Dual2 that I have, I have it Set up for a 4ohm with the jumpers. I haven't even hooked it up yet, 4ohm 300w sounds like it would be crap for 750RMS Sub. 

Just now, AaronT said:

Run it 1 ohm the amp will see more as it gets to playing.

Keep the gain unclipped and see how it does. Worst that will happen us amp will protect and tell you no. Then just unhook power and wire back to 4ohm

or the amp will let out the magic smoke

Archived