INSTALL ISSUES

Hey guys having some trouble installing my skar rp2000 . When i go to replace my old mini orion amp . with the skar rp2000  it will not allow me to turn the gain up with out clipping. some people are telling me i need to change my stock car battery to a yellow top and 0 gauge wire . could that be the reason the amp will not go higher ?

^X2. are you using a DD1? What headunit are you running?

www.LowHertzCarAudio.com

IG: LowHertzCarAudio

Facebook: Low Hertz Car Audio

www.lowhertzcaraudio.com

• 2015 Top Dog Champion
  • Limitless Lithium West Coast Warehouse 

Ahhhh...  man, that, could pose issues no doubt. so, your using a LOC (line out converter) yes?  I'll bet that input voltage is the problem or something. Stock head unit - LOC- amp,.. is this how your running it!? I'll bet if you get some cables, and run your phone, or another source to the amp, it would be fine, or better. You could try that cheaply and easily to trouble shoot for now. And no, dont even worry about your electrical for now. 

Edit- for future posts bro, you MUST include things like , your using the OEM source. That, is a huge key. Like, huge .. and more than likely your issue. Unless your voltage us super tanking to amp cut off, like 9volts or something silly, which, you should check with a meter or something,  your electrical is not the problem. 

18 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Ahhhh...  man, that, could pose issues no doubt. so, your using a LOC (line out converter) yes?  I'll bet that input voltage is the problem or something. Stock head unit - LOC- amp,.. is this how your running it!? I'll bet if you get some cables, and run your phone, or another source to the amp, it would be fine, or better. You could try that cheaply and easily to trouble shoot for now. And no, dont even worry about your electrical for now. 

Edit- for future posts bro, you MUST include things like , your using the OEM source. That, is a huge key. Like, huge .. and more than likely your issue. Unless your voltage us super tanking to amp cut off, like 9volts or something silly, which, you should check with a meter or something,  your electrical is not the problem. 

Yea i do not know what type of converter. I just been spitting out money for over 9months into this and just want it to sound good. I think the guys at the audio store are just toying around with me to get more money. But i just ordered the rp 1500 and going to return the 2000.  Because the skar sub i have is 1500rms . so hopefully i just upgrade to 0 gauge wire and change the battery in the engine to a yellow top . hopefully it will run 

Archived