Sonic Electronix

Advice wanted; Best bang for my $ in new car

And I'm speaking about is the fact that a lot of cars out that certain frequencies through certain speaker wires now you're stuck with four full range channels better not dividing up frequencies as the factory speakers may require and that situation is going to be terrible if that is in fact, that car is running audio

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

And I'm speaking about is the fact that a lot of cars out that certain frequencies through certain speaker wires now you're stuck with four full range channels better not dividing up frequencies as the factory speakers may require and that situation is going to be terrible if that is in fact, that car is running audio

Yes most oem systems have caps/crossovers on the speakers themselves. I dont want a spesker to tell me what I can and cant do

U drive a Prius , Y not just keep saving the planet and leave it stock, with an aftermarket amp , your super smart car will see a load change and your super smart start stop system might not work correctly slowly ruining our planet, should have thought about that when saving the earth, by the way I’m drunk and work on a lot of Prius cars and not one has ever wanted to add aftermarket power add on’s that change the point of owning a Prius. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I agree ... adding weight (yes, every thing counts differently if it’s not sitting in the seats) and current draw is not good for smart cars ... 

kiss your gas mileage good bye ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 weeks later...

Almost forgot I had posted this....

So, first off, I figured Id replace the mids/highs at some point, because I could do that at any point, easy enough by myself. But I decided to go on and replace those with the original setup, and only spent $120 for four Kicker coaxials. Should help a lot, huh ? 

Ron, and White lightening, I totally doubt that the 5ch Kicker amp I chose, is going to have any major effect on my mileage. I'm guessing, maybe -2mpg.... and I already raised my mileage from 54 mpg, to 56 mpg, simply by raising my tire pressure from 30 to 40 lbs. (tires have a max of 44)

So basically, my system is going to be composed of, the stock head unit. An Axxess Digital Sound Processor, a Kicker 5ch, 4x 50RMS, and 1 x 400 RMS (actually about 460) to 4 Kicker coaxials, and a single Sundown Audio 8" in a custom built enclosure of exactly .75 cubes, and tuned to 35hz. Wont get the DSP for about another week, so Im hoping to have everything installed, up and running in maybe 2 weeks. Will post the results. Hopefully all good, but if I have and issues, I'll be back for advice :)

PS, btw Ron, I didn't get a Prius to save the planet, I got it to save my bank account :) lol I used to go through "more than" a full tank a day in my Hyundai Accent. Now I can go a whole, busy long shift, and still not go through a whole tank ! Freaking 500 mile range, on a 10 gal tank ! LOVE it :)

Oh, and I haven't put gas in it for a couple days now... but fixing to do a little round trip from Sac to Chico and back. No problem ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My non hybrid car gets 30 city and 42 to 50 highway and looks better then a Prius lol... And pretty sure is it was cheaper then a Prius ... I don’t like how the radio is but I’ll deal with it with a good loc and one or 2  of Tony,s  T300.2

Archived