Second Skin Audio

10" SQ(sorta) sub recommendations please

prodigal_son

I want to add a 10" sub in a sealed box to my Jeep Wrangler. I'll power it with an Alpine MRV-M500 amp I have, wiring will all be up to par. The rest of the system is pretty modest, Alpine head with an Alpine KTP-445A feeding 5.25" Polks in the dash and 6.5" Polks in the sound bar. I listen to mostly rock or Alt and my lady friend is more a country music fan. I'm willing to spend as much as $300 but would rather spend $200. Sound quality with some ability to thump from a kickdrum or whatever, is what I want. To muddy the water, should I be thinking about a 12?

Thanks for all feedback!

52 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Yup. Build the box to the manufacturers spec. Or model it in enclosure software and build it 

Thanks ToNasty, I'm planning on following manufacturers spec. I'm considering a JL Audio 10W3v3-4 or Infinity Kappa 1000W. Have you got an opinion that you would be willing to share?

2 hours ago, prodigal_son said:

Thanks ToNasty, I'm planning on following manufacturers spec. I'm considering a JL Audio 10W3v3-4 or Infinity Kappa 1000W. Have you got an opinion that you would be willing to share?

I'm not a fan of jl but I will admit jl subs to sound pretty good and I know a ton of people using them in their sq setups.  

Archived