Second Skin Audio

Got a new Memphis Audio prxa1500.1D mono amp

Couch972

11 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

You going to need more power if you are thinking about going with a pair of ssd’s  just saying... 1500 ain’t gonna do for a pair

I'm hoping that in a while, I can change out the Memphis amp and go with 1 taramps Bass 3k or 5K.  Would the SSDs be ok for now?  Or just go with the xv3 12s and change to the SSDs later when I get a larger amp?  Thanks again,  CstrokerV for your input!  I really appreciate it!

23 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

They will play and be fine as Long as everything is done properly...  and look at the new sundown amp along with thee 2 you mentioned https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/sundown-audio-sfb-3000d-monoblock-3000w-rms-class-d-amplifier.html

Thanks for the help! 47 years old, and still a bass head from the South Florida Miami bass years.  So much has changed!!  I’ll definitely look at that amp from sundown.  That amp and 2 Fi ssds would probably sound great!  I’ll order the xv3 12s when I get back next week from my convention.  Got to work sometime!! Thanks again, really appreciate it!  Have a safe weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving!  With these great Black Friday deals, I think I should go after that 3000 watt Sundown amp.  BUT, I now have $500 to spend on an amp for the 2 X 12 xv3's.  Still recommend the Sundown entry level?  Or do you think I should have something different?  The Taramps 5000.1 looks to be good too.  So many decisions!

On 11/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, Couch972 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!  With these great Black Friday deals, I think I should go after that 3000 watt Sundown amp.  BUT, I now have $500 to spend on an amp for the 2 X 12 xv3's.  Still recommend the Sundown entry level?  Or do you think I should have something different?  The Taramps 5000.1 looks to be good too.  So many decisions!

With the sundown you should of gotten the ssd’s and that Taramp something else also

On 12/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, CstrokerV said:

With the sundown you should of gotten the ssd’s and that Taramp something else also

I ordered the Sundown SFB-3000D and already received it!  Received one of the Fi subs too.  Should have the 2nd sub in the next few weeks.  That'll give me the time to decide on an enclosure.  I've got 36" W X 20"L X 16" H to play with.  

Archived