Second Skin Audio

Got a new Memphis Audio prxa1500.1D mono amp

Couch972

Hey there all!  I'd figure I'd come on here to ask the question I've been contemplating for a couple months now.  I just received my new Memphis Audio PRXA1500.1 mono amp and I am looking at 2 X 12" subs to buy now.  I have a memphis srx250.1 and 2 of their 12" woofers in their entry grade enclosure.  I'm giving that amp to the wife and got her a 10" sub and enclosure from Memphis as well, so I will need to use my starter grade Memphis 12" till I purchase some new ones.  Question is, what are the opinions from some of you all regarding what would be a great fit for the prxa1500.1?   Rockford p3D2?  Sundown SA V3? DBs? PSI? DC? Any?  I have $400-500 to spend total on both.  I am planning on running the amp at 1 ohm or maybe 2 ohms, depending on the subs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I'm an old school Miami Basshead from the 80's and am enjoying my 2nd childhood!   I have it going into a 2018 GX460.  Thanks all for any help! 

• Couch972 changed the title to Got a new Memphis Audio prxa1500.1D mono amp

If I run it at 1500 X 1 RMS, you think that will be enough power to even move two Fi xvs x12s?  Was looking at their website and even looked at the SSDs.  Those SSDs, I'm sure, need much more power than the memphis audio prxa1500.1 can deliver.  Unless I'm wrong,  which is probably more accurate!!!lol  Thanks for the help, Mike4068!

Do you happen to know what the enclosure volume is for the Xvs x12?   My installer is trying to get me to use Memphis audio sub BRX1244 instead of sundown and Fi.  Any opinions?  Thanks for the help!  My amp is being put in tomorrow!  The subs are going to be a gift to myself for Xmas! Box ideas for the Fi’s?

I also vote for a FI subwoofer. I loved the output of mine even though i wasn't feeding it the watts it could take. Plus its made in the usa so whats not to love?

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Lol your installer recommending Memphis over sundown and F.I.  Is it an actual installer or a friend.?  Both those companies shit all over Memphis..   And this thread could be treated as a versus thread since you asked about different brands.... if you can fit 1 18” do an FI q  it can be put in a 5 cubed box excluding port 

15 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Lol your installer recommending Memphis over sundown and F.I.  Is it an actual installer or a friend.?  Both those companies shit all over Memphis..   And this thread could be treated as a versus thread since you asked about different brands.... if you can fit 1 18” do an FI q  it can be put in a 5 cubed box excluding port 

I couldn't find anyone that would tackle playing with my Lexus audio and after I did some more research, the local Tint World's guys were able to add a small system for me.  Wife's early Xmas gift to me.  They did an amazing job on the first round of audio, the Memphis srx250.1 and the SRX212 box with 2 12s.  Sounded great, but just wanted some more chest pounding like I had back in the late 80's.  The owner of the place is an old producer from Power 96 down here in Sfla.  I just got the prxa1500.1D put in today, and the 12's I have, are booming.  They only hooked it up at 4ohms, which is 700 watts x 1.  Which is almost the peak of my box.  It sounds great now, but just want a bit more "thump" and know these can't take 1500 X 1.  The owner thinks I should go for more SQL, since I love the old grunge and rock,  so from his thinking the Memphis BRX1240 or 1244 would be great.  It's got great reviews, but I just like the idea of the Fi's or sundowns.  Was wondering if a ported box that is 36" X 20" X 15 would be enough box for the 2 Fi xv3 12s.  I'm sticking with 2 12's, just because!lol  Thanks for all your help!  Trying to keep the price for the subs at around $500.   Got the wife to worry about!lol   Though I do have a ported 10" and amp going in her NX300 tomorrow.  She has to have some fun!!  

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

The brx1244 is still entry level.

The subs I'd recomend are the mojo m6. But at that price Soo Soo much more can be had for less

I'd love to be able to buy the M6s, but like you said, there is so much more you can get for $389 per sub.  Hell, for $10 more, you can get a Fi SSD Neo 12 !  I have definitely decided to go with the Fi.  Now the fun part.  Going with the xv3 12s or the SSD 12s?  I can push my budget to $300 a piece,  But any more after that, my wife will have me eating rice for the rest of the year!!

Archived