Help Finding Solid 6.5’s

TheSpicySpider

I am looking to upgrade the stock 6.5” door speakers in my 2008 Honda Pilot. There are tons of solid options out there, but there’s so many it’s sort of overwhelming. There’s obviously mainstream market like Pioneer, Sony, Kicker, JL, etc, as well as the smaller guys like NVX, CT sounds, SSA, Crescendo, and we know how long that list could go for. Looking for some advice in where to go.

I’m looking for coaxial most likely, component sets could work but I’d like to get that added treble from a tweeter in the door. SQ is a must, and they will be driven by an amplifier, around 100-200 watts per speaker. I’m looking for something with clear and full sound, and punchy and strong midbass. No, I’m not expecting these to be mini subs(although I love the 6.5 subs out there right now and want to hear some). I will be installing a 12” sub that will be driven around 2k rms, but that’s coming later after much electrical improvement, hence the need for solid mid bass out of the doors. The sub won’t be running full blast all the time, so I don’t need pro audio screamers. Will put Dynamat on doors, floor, and everything I can find that rattles! 

I am looking to spend around ~$100 per pair of speakers. 

Lots of info, but figured it better to get it out there now than have to answer a million questions later to clarify. Thanks to everyone who gives thoughtful responses.

Alpine Type R  mids can take a lot of power and the magnets are small so they fit anywhere. Might be more then your budget though.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

3 minutes ago, TheSpicySpider said:

Sounds like they’re pretty close to what I’m looking for, thanks for the suggestion! Have you run these speakers personally?

I've installed tons of id65's & id69's, never ran them myself though. I have ran the cxs & xs line, and felt they were also impressive for the price.

If it helps any, the whole ID coax/component line up is oriented around that warm natural european type sound, similar to dynaaudio,dls,cdt ect.. 

4 hours ago, TheSpicySpider said:

Those are some good looking units! They seem similar to the above suggested ID65’s. What specifically do you like about the components? 

clean and crisp sound they produce   and the mid bass from the mids are pretty nice and for thee price its hard to beat

Archived