Structural damage

Anyone been in an accident and there was structural damage and they didn't total your vehicle? 

Looking for advice, other party was 100% at fault and my entire b pillar needs to be replaced as well as rear quarter panel. Have a unibody vehicle and minimum $12k in damage but it's still "not enough" for a total.

I know my value is going to drop through the floor and I'm already upside down in my loan since the car is only about 2 years old. 

Has anyone been able to recoup diminished value from the at fault insurance/individual? 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:08 PM, corey0928 said:

Anyone been in an accident and there was structural damage and they didn't total your vehicle? 

Looking for advice, other party was 100% at fault and my entire b pillar needs to be replaced as well as rear quarter panel. Have a unibody vehicle and minimum $12k in damage but it's still "not enough" for a total.

I know my value is going to drop through the floor and I'm already upside down in my loan since the car is only about 2 years old. 

Has anyone been able to recoup diminished value from the at fault insurance/individual? 

Something seems odd about that bro...That kind of structure damage. I work in the auto industry and have seen cars total for far less...I would maybe consult your insurance and ask them about that...Just doesn't make sense 

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I’d talk to the repair place about it and your insurance company about it.. if it’s structural even if it’s repaired it’s worth  shit now I don’t   know what car it is but I think their insurance company is trying  to pull  fast one

On 11/19/2019 at 7:23 AM, LT.Smoke said:

Something seems odd about that bro...That kind of structure damage. I work in the auto industry and have seen cars total for far less...I would maybe consult your insurance and ask them about that...Just doesn't make sense 

Everyone except my insurance company and the collision shop seem to think it should be totaled.

The exact quote from my insurance was "we aren't in the market for buying and selling used cars so we don't take the value after the collision into account".

It's a 2017 GMC Acadia also.

wait so the guy at fault insurance says it should be total so why isnt it... makes no sense why your insurance company is saying different its up to his insurance to decide what to do not yours .. Im lost lol

3 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

wait so the guy at fault insurance says it should be total so why isnt it... makes no sense why your insurance company is saying different its up to his insurance to decide what to do not yours .. Im lost lol

Michigan Is a "no fault state" if I'm not mistaken.     And regardless of what kind of damage has occurred,  structural, cosmetic, mechanical and so on doesnt matter to the insurance company. Damage is damage in their eyes. What does matter to them, bottom line is money......suprised I know!     For a vehicle to be totaled the cost of repair must exceed a set percentage of the vehicles value.    I have seen it come down to under 10 dollars before.

9 hours ago, Draggin dually said:

Michigan Is a "no fault state" if I'm not mistaken.     And regardless of what kind of damage has occurred,  structural, cosmetic, mechanical and so on doesnt matter to the insurance company. Damage is damage in their eyes. What does matter to them, bottom line is money......suprised I know!     For a vehicle to be totaled the cost of repair must exceed a set percentage of the vehicles value.    I have seen it come down to under 10 dollars before.

Glad I don’t live In Michigan Then ...  still if he can find more then one body shop to say repairing that structural damage will make the car unsafe to drive I’d figure they would have no choice but to total it out... I’m assuming in Michigan you still have the option for more then one quote 

Yea so the collision shop hasn't even be able to give me a final quote since there is a shortage of parts. I'm planning on taking it to the dealership I bought the car and potentially another shop or 2. It's been over 2 weeks since the accident and progressive has only contacted me when I persistently contacted them or called the collision shop first. The whole situation is so messed up and I have some major concerns with engineering decisions as far as the air bags go.

There is a case for a civil suit to recoup some of the deprecation but probably won't cover all of it.i don't know if my gap insurance will cover anything but still have to contact them. 

Archived