matching components to my system

Bhaazaher

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look it up. I still think the Morels could handle the power if set right. Here's the think about amplifiers... Its ok to have more power on hand and not use it all VS pushing a 100 watt amp to the max all the time to get the volume you desire. It's call headroom. Having a amp larger with more power than the speakers can handle and to turn the gains lower than matching the HU is what high end system are about. Less wear and tear on the electrical system and the amp. Keeps it cooler and can last longer.

3 minutes ago, Bhaazaher said:

the mounting is A stock location,

budget lets just say. i would go for a 400-500$ for components

If you have then in the stock location with no deadening then you should research the importance of proper install when it comes to sound deadening and speaker performance.

I promise you that one can take a expensive pair of speakers and throw them in stock location only to have them sound like Walmart specials. But one can take those Walmart specials and properly install the and people would think they sound like Morels. 

There is a whole science to this shit. Then there's tuning to make the speakers sound there best and the way you like them to sound.

If you have no deadening i would use your budget for that to start with. If your not happy with the sound then look into upgrading.

I would deaden the shit out of the doors with the amp set up the way it is now. Then i would set the gains properly, DD-1 is the tool i use and if you could find someone in your area to help or pay a shop to set them right. Doing the math and using a mm doesn't have anything to do with distortion detecting. To set shit up right you need to know where you HU volume puts out a clean signal at to start to set the amp gains. So hu put out no distortion at max volume, some you can barely go half way. That why it is so important to have that base info to start gain matching hu to amplifier.

These are only my suggestions. Its your system and can build it as you please, i am just trying to share some of the info i have spent the last 10 yrs acquiring. Like i said this shit is a science, understand what makes a musical wave, how the environment changes the sound we hear, what a speaker need to perform the way it was designed, how to control acoustics in the vehicle, Knowing the different frequency's and how to tune the system, where one speaker plays there frequency range and another picks up where it left off. How to overlap hz, Time Alignment so you hear the music properly. Speaker location is a big one, last i checked i didn't have ears on my knee's or ankles.

on & on & on. lol   I will stop though!

Or you can simply change your speakers out. Maybe Pro audio speakers is what your looking for. I don't know your taste in music but pro audio is meant to get loud. you would have to research then, they are not my cup of tea as speakers go.

Archived