Second Skin Audio

good pair of 2 x 12" subs for a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D?

voxigenboy

I have this amp here: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r1200-1d/

Currently, it's connected to 2 x 12" Kicker CompVR's that have been in my van for years. Whereas the Amp is only about 3 - 4 months old.

I'd like to replace the subs due to their age and the fact that I've abused the hell out of them all this time.

What do you guys recommend?

It's really up to You and your budget there is so many choices out there. Get something that will match the rms rating of the amp for example two subs that will do 500wrms each or three that will do like 350wrms or one that will do around 1000wrms for that amp to make them subs/sub flex! 

I'd like to get the most out of the amp. Not on a super tight budget, but would like to keep it around $200 - $500 if possible.

Am only thinking 2 x 12's so I could remove the 2 from the existing enclosure and re-use it . Although I could always remove the entire box completely and go with something completely new.

That would be my suggestion. If you get new subs build a new enclosure to suite the subs for best performance. Or at least find out the cubic sq foot of the existing enclosure and get speakers that  would match the air space as close possible.  Pretty much any 500 watt rms subs will do. There are a lot of mid level subs that would suite your needs.  Go to amazon and search for 12" subs. Page after page will give idea's.  Sub is a sub, pretty much entry or mid level all sound and perform the same.

I'm a fan of American bass subs, and soundqubed also, but a single xfl on 1k will get down, or a pair of xd 12s on 1k will do it too. I only have experience with the hds2.108 (8s) and the hds3 15s . But I'm sure anything in thier hds2 series are great subs.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived