Welcome to the SMD forum!

Sign in to follow this  
voxigenboy

good pair of 2 x 12" subs for a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D?

I have this amp here: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r1200-1d/

Currently, it's connected to 2 x 12" Kicker CompVR's that have been in my van for years. Whereas the Amp is only about 3 - 4 months old.

I'd like to replace the subs due to their age and the fact that I've abused the hell out of them all this time.

What do you guys recommend?

It's really up to You and your budget there is so many choices out there. Get something that will match the rms rating of the amp for example two subs that will do 500wrms each or three that will do like 350wrms or one that will do around 1000wrms for that amp to make them subs/sub flex! 

I'd like to get the most out of the amp. Not on a super tight budget, but would like to keep it around $200 - $500 if possible.

Am only thinking 2 x 12's so I could remove the 2 from the existing enclosure and re-use it . Although I could always remove the entire box completely and go with something completely new.

That would be my suggestion. If you get new subs build a new enclosure to suite the subs for best performance. Or at least find out the cubic sq foot of the existing enclosure and get speakers that  would match the air space as close possible.  Pretty much any 500 watt rms subs will do. There are a lot of mid level subs that would suite your needs.  Go to amazon and search for 12" subs. Page after page will give idea's.  Sub is a sub, pretty much entry or mid level all sound and perform the same.

I'm a fan of American bass subs, and soundqubed also, but a single xfl on 1k will get down, or a pair of xd 12s on 1k will do it too. I only have experience with the hds2.108 (8s) and the hds3 15s . But I'm sure anything in thier hds2 series are great subs.

1997 GMC Sierra 1500, 33x12.50r20s, pioneer avh-p3200bt, infinity reference 6.5" components, reference 4" , ppi ice 7000.1d, ppi ice 1000.4, big 4, 4 batteries ( 2 front, 2 rear) dual runs 1/0 , 250a alt, 4 soundqubed hds2.108s, 3 cubes net, tuned at 32hz.

Here's how it's setup currently:

kicker1.thumb.jpg.c8c72ce14b43fb3ed0eb3af96282aebb.jpg

kicker2.jpg.75eb69b8c6fcdb2b57cd7e2e4b81ecca.jpg

So I'd prefer to use the same box...

If need be & I do remove the box, then I'd rather just go with a single 15" sub.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, voxigenboy said:

I'd prefer to use the same box...

What's the box's volume? Do you know what the box is supposed to be tuned to? 

Is that port 12x1.5 or 12x2?

Edited by CorNut

(2) E-Series Sundowns would BUMP.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"