Amping 6 speakers on a 4 channel...

SuzukiGS750EZ

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Having more speakers in the rear than the front is not the ideal set up. Having rear speakers for some slight rear fill or for passenger is one thing. If your going for just loud then pick rear doors or rear deck. If you are going for any real kind of proper staging the rears don't need amplified and could be run off HU power. It will be more work than its worth! Trust i been there, i did it & wished i had spent the extra $350 on anything rather than the rear. 

Imagine going to a concert and the whole time you had your back turned to the band. That is what your car will sound like with all sound coming from the rear.

It's you build and you can surely do what ever you want. This is just a suggestion from the 10+ years of experience learning about the science behind car audio. Making mistakes along the way, having others chime in and to help guide thru the planning and building stages of the systems i have built.

spacer.png

Rear deck in my Malibu build, trying to build more of a SQ set up with the equipment i had on hand. These will be running on HU power and faded for a slight rear presence of sound. I have deadened the shit out of this car. About $1,700 worth.

I think you were agreeing with me? 👍

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Would the pioneer GM D-8604 be a good amplifier? The way the front speakers are wired now the 6.5" is wired to my head unit. It connects into a passive crossover (preset) and the tweeter also connects to out which powers that. Would I run the tweeters & speakers to the amp and crossover in the head unit or amp or...? Never amped speakers before. 

2 hours ago, SuzukiGS750EZ said:

So... I should look for a two channel amp for the fronts only? 

Yes.  If you get a 2 ch amp and use the passive crossover that came with the components. You will want to convert your high level output from hu(speaker wires out of HU) to a low level signal (RCA's) before you input it into the amp. Unless you get a amp that accepts low level inputs into it.(again speaker wire from HU)

High level inputs = the powered signal from the HU into wires out of the HU.

Low level inputs = the signal that run thru RCA cables from HU to amp. It is straight signal with no power, cleanest form of signal you can get.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:07 PM, bcbrassard said:

spacer.png

Rear doors of my Lancer.

spacer.png

Front stage.

spacer.png

Mounting of 4 ch amps. Right amp runs front tweeters & rear 6.5".  Left amp runs the 2 sets of  T2 6.5" Stereo Bridged @ 2 ohms , each driver in the doors seeing about 150 watts.  2 amps in the trunk, one runs the mid-bass speaker in the kick panel. Each 8" driver is getting 350 watts. Other amp run 2 10" sub getting 1000+ watts each firing into the cab,

This is my work car and it is very dirty in this pic. It is usually much cleaner than this. I swapped these amp out from the Power series 4 channels i had in here for the Punch series & these are more powerful by at least 25 watts rms. 

Super nice build. I was thinking about making pods in the kick panels in Dodge Neon but it seems like I would literally be kicking them all the time. Hows those pods work for you in a Lancer? Can you sit in seat comfortably without kicking them all the time? 

Yes, even on the drivers side i find there is plenty of room. I know to be more careful its passengers that kick from time to time. I don't mind though, it's not a show car it's my work car. And i made them stout and super durable, just clean off any dirt or scuff marks.

spacer.png

This was my second set up on the front stage. First was stock location in the door. Felt i wasn't getting enough mid-bass so i decided to build some kick panels for 6.5". I probable have T3 6.5" in the doors, and the T2 in the kick panel. Paint didn't match well but finish of body work was spot on. At this point i still wasn't happy with it so that's when the door panel project began. Along with the new kick panels for 8" drivers. all in a tiny car space! lol

Archived