Second Skin Audio

Questions about wall build

Foreigner69

Hey everyone, 

I'm tired of ported boxes and have decided to try build a wall. My seats are already out and I have a floor glued/bolted down to the frame of the car, it extends all the way to my B-pillar, so might as well build a wall on there? :P It's a sturdy floor made out of thick plywood and has several 2x4's underneath, bolted and glued. The car is a small Hyundai Getz, and I'm planning on cramming 4 15's in there (not decided which 15's yet) with a driver side port. 

After watching tons of guides and reading about every single forum thread on all social media, I feel I know enough to try it out my self, I work as a carpenter so I'm not unfamiliar with woodwork. But I thought I'd ask here before I get started. 

One thing that I've not found a answer on is; How do you determine the port size? Would I just make it as big as possible, then tune it once the entire enclosure is finished? 

I would have to build it as big as possible, which means a lot of awkward angles etc, so I can't really make someone design it at forehand? This would be easier if I built it totally square I guess? 

Hopefully someone can answer my question(s), I feel very motivated to try this out, even though it's gonna be one hell of a challenge, but one's gotta try right? :)

To start, i would recommend just getting a shell built and then calculating out the size of it. or, send all the measurements to someone who designs. Tons of guys out there that are solid designers like dbdesigns and custom lowz. (i design myself as well, am more than happy to help with info as much as i can or even do your full design)

good luck on the build though man! some of my best car audio memories are building my first wall with the help 2 of my buddies. Always a good time. 

www.LowHertzCarAudio.com

IG: LowHertzCarAudio

Facebook: Low Hertz Car Audio

www.lowhertzcaraudio.com

• 2015 Top Dog Champion
  • Limitless Lithium West Coast Warehouse 

21 hours ago, NorCal SPL said:

To start, i would recommend just getting a shell built and then calculating out the size of it. or, send all the measurements to someone who designs. Tons of guys out there that are solid designers like dbdesigns and custom lowz. (i design myself as well, am more than happy to help with info as much as i can or even do your full design)

good luck on the build though man! some of my best car audio memories are building my first wall with the help 2 of my buddies. Always a good time. 

Thank you so much for the response! I just got finished with adding two layers of birch in my roof. And I will definitely get everything measured and pay for a proper design. I hope I can fit 4x15's in my small Hyundai. Thanks buddy. 🙂

Edit: I will probably end up with this subwoofer: https://www.lowhertzcaraudio.com/collections/b2/products/15-rage-subwoofer

I wish I could buy from you, but I live in the EU. It looks like a really awesome sub for the price! :)

good stuff! Yea, they are super solid subs! I can ship to EU, but shipping will probably be outrageous. I believe there is a B2 dealer/distributor out that way! blade ice is the name i think?

www.LowHertzCarAudio.com

IG: LowHertzCarAudio

Facebook: Low Hertz Car Audio

www.lowhertzcaraudio.com

• 2015 Top Dog Champion
  • Limitless Lithium West Coast Warehouse 

18 minutes ago, NorCal SPL said:

good stuff! Yea, they are super solid subs! I can ship to EU, but shipping will probably be outrageous. I believe there is a B2 dealer/distributor out that way! blade ice is the name i think?

I have never heard of them, but there are some companies in my country (Norway) that sells them. They look gorgeous! :D 

Archived