Second Skin Audio

Enclosure designer recommendations

Johnny Munoz

I’m hoping you guys might help point me in the right direction as the title states I’m looking for someone knowledgeable to design a ported box for me possibly show picks of the enclosure modeled in various enclosures so I can see the frequency curves and choose something musical and somewhat loud subs are (2 kicker cvx 12’s) I know why kickers but I got em dirt cheap so I’m working with what I have any help would be appreciated I’ll be paying not looking for a freebie just don’t have a laptop at the moment so I can’t do it myself if you know someone link us up thanks 

What amp will you be running on them?

If it was me, I would just build a 4 cubed net box for the pair with lower port tuning (32-33hz area) so you have a nice flat response and don't overthink it.  They aren't the best subs, which you seem to realize, so I would just build it to their specs.

Since Im bored at work this morning... Here's your sub in a 2 cubed net box with 30hz vs 34hz tuning.  The 30hz is the flatter response and will give you more response below 30hz vs the 34hz tuning.  34hz tuning will give you a bump in response from  32/33 hz to 60 hz, but you will sacrifice some response below 30hz.  So it really depends on what you listen to and what you want out of the setup.

spacer.png

I’m running them off of an nvx vad1700 this system is temporary I’m setting up the car for a SoundQubed Q1 4500 so needless to say the electrical is way overbuilt for that amp lol I have two runs of sky high 1/0 ofc right now hoping to make it three and I was emailing back and forth with Mike Singer I’m supposed to be getting a 250 amp alt in a bit just need to finish making payments since I’m in welding school so I can’t afford most anything outright  he’s a real good guy 

Archived