Sundown Audio

Questions about amps and subs.

afk

I’m not really sure if this quite fits the right category but it kind of does.  So I have two subs sitting.  Sundown X 12 V2 dvc 2.  And an orion hcca 12.4 dvc 4.  I have 2 Amps sitting around as well.  I have a sound stream Rubicon 2500.1 so obviously 2500 W at 1ohm.  I’ve also got a Taramps 6500hd  that runs at 2ohm.  I’m interested in hearing everybody’s thoughts. Would you run the Hcca on the taramps or sundown on the  soundstream. Or would you run the taramps at 4ohm on the sundown?  I’m sure that amp could more than push it even at 4ohm.  I’m curious to see what people think and hopefully even some input as to why.  The Orion does seem better/stronger built.  I’m sure people will argue and disagree with this but I’m just curious for some opinions.  This will be going in the back of an 04 vw Jetta tdi.

8 hours ago, afk said:

I’m not really sure if this quite fits the right category but it kind of does.  So I have two subs sitting.  Sundown X 12 V2 dvc 2.  And an orion hcca 12.4 dvc 4.  I have 2 Amps sitting around as well.  I have a sound stream Rubicon 2500.1 so obviously 2500 W at 1ohm.  I’ve also got a Taramps 6500hd  that runs at 2ohm.  I’m interested in hearing everybody’s thoughts. Would you run the Hcca on the taramps or sundown on the  soundstream. Or would you run the taramps at 4ohm on the sundown?  I’m sure that amp could more than push it even at 4ohm.  I’m curious to see what people think and hopefully even some input as to why.  The Orion does seem better/stronger built.  I’m sure people will argue and disagree with this but I’m just curious for some opinions.  This will be going in the back of an 04 vw Jetta tdi.

I would run the Sundown on the taramps. That sub needs a lot more than 1500 watts. 

I’m really curious about both of these responses I respect both speakers but I really believe the HCCA is going to handle a lot more power than that sundown.  Or am I just not giving the sundown enough credit?  I originally had the hcca on the rubi.  But it wasn’t nearly enough power I’m guessing because its a dual 4 run down to 2ohm. and the amp max is at 1ohm. Seemed very under powered. 

Archived