UV Purple Face Hammer PC Build Log

It's been a while! I've been spending most of my time on computer hardware and messing with my builds. I decided to go back to custom water cooling and i'm pretty happy with the way this build turned out.

Specs:

System Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 9700K@5.2GHz stable
CPU Cooler: EK-Velocity
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti with EKWB Vector
RAM:32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 4266MHz CL17
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 850w
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 1TB
Case: Lian Li PC-011
Case Fans: Noctua Redux 120mm (4) & 140mm (2)
Water Cooling Fittings: EK-Tourq Black Nickle 10/16mm for Soft Tubing
Radiators: EK-CoolStream CE 280 & EK-CoolStream SE 280
Pump/Reservoir: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

KILLER BUILD!  Much nicer than what I have.  I am jealous.  What games do you play?  Is that Samsung 970 EVO 1T SSD one oft hose M.2 or no?  please PM me roughly what a build like this would cost me?  thanks

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I mainly play PUBG, but recently I've been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm a little bit...and a large chunk of my last few weeks I've been running various benchmarks, like 3DMark Port Royal, the built in benchmark for Tomb Raider that you can run off of the trial version on steam and a new benchmark called NEON NOIR.
https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/product/neon-noir

The Samsung 970 EVO is an excellent drive, but I wouldn't recommend it exactly. Actually, there is a bunch of things I would change about my build if I were to do it again. A few decisions were made before I acquired the case, this case can run up to 3 380mm radiators and i'm running a 280mm and a 240mm, I decided to make due with what I all ready purchased for my other case and it looks great, but I could of had more performance out of my radiators if I went with the 380mm for both and it wouldn't of been much extra to do it.

The cost of this build was around $3500.

If you are looking to build a gaming rig, I can help you out with picking out the best parts for your money. Right now AMD has overtaken Intel on pretty much everything processor related. Their Ryzen 3XXX series is very good and while Intel is still slightly faster in gaming, that is going to change once more DX12 titles are released and the newer games start to utilize more than 8 cores. Right now i'm running into an issue where my processor is hitting 100% load and causing some issues when playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I all ready attempted to run a i9 9900K and i9 9900KS, but they both run really hot and neither of them can operate with my XMP profile set-up on the RAM. I'm trying a i7 8086K to see if that can remedy my issue... however, i'm fairly certain i'll be getting a Ryzen 9 3950X in my near future. With that, I would buy one of the new 1TB PCI-E 4.0 SSD's from Gigabyte, it has nearly double the transfer rate of my Samsung EVO 970. 

Here's some info on how each processor does when paired with a RTX 2080Ti:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_threadripper_3970x_review,22.html

• 1 month later...

So... I kinda went all out and upgraded a few things.

New Items:

Intel i9 9900KS

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz 4X8GB (32GB)

EK-Classic DP Front PC-O11D D-RGB + SPC PWM
EK-Momentum Aorus Z390 Master D-RGB - Plexi
Hydro X Series XR5 360mm Water Cooling Radiator x3
EK-Torque STC-10/16 - Black Nickel x8
COUGAR Vortex PWM 120mm (CF-V12HPB) x9

The mono block to get water cooling coverage on the voltage regulators, my PC runs pretty cool. I get about 18C temps at idle, around 50C max... on my i9 9900KS. If I overclock to 5.2GHz it will get to about 62C under 100% load. Pretty awesome upgrade, but man... that monoblock was a pain to install, almost took as long as the GPU block.

Here's my new G.Skill Trident Z Royal RAM, unfortunately my 4266MHz kit doesn't work with my new CPU, so I went to this 4000MHz kit that has a little bit looser timings and I really like how bright these can get.

spacer.png

Some benchmark scores:
spacer.png

Here's an older picture with the 4266MHz kit
spacer.png

spacer.png

Some more pictures from the install process:
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived