Am I screwed ?

So I just got my replacement battery today and hooked up my bus bars and when I took one of the screws to check if it fit my copper lugs and i flippin dropped the screw in between the bus bars and it got stuck. After a few sparks I got it free. Checked the voltage still reads 12.97. Did I mess my battery up? Or will it be ok. It's a north star sms 220 batt btw. 

The DMM shows good voltage then you should be fine. Check that when charged/installed it gets to the appropriate voltage (around 14.4)

If you are scared of it to happening again put some electrical tape on the inside parts of the terminals. I do the same thing for my dual inputs that are right next to each other on my amp. 

when i was a kid i once ran a chain between the positive and negative posts on a car battery to see if it would shock me. the battery was fine, i lived and nothing bad happened. 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, Mike4068 said:

Lol, I did the same thing. I dropped my ratchet and it damn near welded itself to the bars. Destroyed the ratchet mechanism. My Northstar is fine though. 

Battery +

Ratchet - 

Archived