Sonic Electronix

I Need help making a box for my 2 subs like dimensions, there sundown u12s, trying to fit in a E92 trunk, i dont know which would be good, Subs facing the seat or the trunk, a port thru the rear deck. Or an IB box, I want it to sound good its a daily driver.

* I dont own these pics, i found online for ideas*

This is a google doc bcus the images to big.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NEmvZlMC7SNPa3QPdswVw3oEYjpLKqSzchoqMTMDHl0/edit?usp=drivesdk

My car is a daily driver, but i also compete. Im about to build my box for my 2x U-12's tomorrow. If you face the subs forward you need to seal the trunk off completely. Whats your dimensions of your trunk. Here is a box im about to build

KtJrJmI.png

1 hour ago, Ripkon said:

My car is a daily driver, but i also compete. Im about to build my box for my 2x U-12's tomorrow. If you face the subs forward you need to seal the trunk off completely. Whats your dimensions of your trunk. Here is a box im about to build

How would you go about measuring the trunk properly?, not home rn to measure but this is a pic online of the same car

2137_1431633_14127998_9442330442019.jpg

19 minutes ago, Mr.Lahey said:

How would you go about measuring the trunk properly?, not home rn to measure but this is a pic online of the same car

2137_1431633_14127998_9442330442019.jpg

You will have to take a tape measure. Between the wheel wells, front to back and height. 

57 minutes ago, john253a said:

Been playing around with the specs and a hybrid 4th/sealed would suit the u series 

i was playing around with 15’s but so may be a bit different 

but around 2net sealed and 2net ported single 6”x18” aero 

27A74A37-4C7C-48A4-80CD-E393F29612FF.jpeg

If the specs says 2ft^3 for a ported box on the website, would you need to have 4ft^3 if you have 2 U12s ? 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:28 AM, TexasRam said:

I would kerf the port on both side while youre at it

Would it be better to invert the subs  ? Im having a lil difficult using a program to build box to specs with trunk measurements,i dont wanna take up the entire trunk, Its its 37inches from seat to trunk, i prolly only wanna take up half. 

Archived