Octave Slopes.

Hello All. I'm trying to tune my HeadUnit For all Speakers. I have aftermarket 2-Way speakers in all 4 Doors located at the Bottoms an 2 Tweeters on the Dash Left and Right Corners. My Question is what will I gain out of 6,12,18,24Octaves That's on my Unit? I have my Sub set at 90Hz, I'm Not fully Understanding the Octaves as to what they are really doing Could Someone Please explain Knowledge into this topic? Thanks.

It's how fast the frequencies roll off. 18db the frequencies are rolling off slower than 24db, so not as loud. Of course at a certain db level you don't hear them anyways. For me, I have my subwoofer set to 80hz with a 12db slope, my mids & highs I have set at 80hz at an 18db or 24db slope (I've been playing with the slopes the past couple of days). Play with your crossovers and see what works for your system. My front Focal comps can easily go down to 63hz (Pioneer built in crossover) and still play clean but I keep them at 80hz to not work them so hard.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

volume lowers that db every octave. so 100hz hpf 12db. at 100hz it's 0db, at 50hz it's -12db, at 25hz it's -24db.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

1 hour ago, Baydestrian said:

It's how fast the frequencies roll off. 18db the frequencies are rolling off slower than 24db, so not as loud. Of course at a certain db level you don't hear them anyways. For me, I have my subwoofer set to 80hz with a 12db slope, my mids & highs I have set at 80hz at an 18db or 24db slope (I've been playing with the slopes the past couple of days). Play with your crossovers and see what works for your system. My front Focal comps can easily go down to 63hz (Pioneer built in crossover) and still play clean but I keep them at 80hz to not work them so hard.

1 hour ago, mothra said:

volume lowers that db every octave. so 100hz hpf 12db. at 100hz it's 0db, at 50hz it's -12db, at 25hz it's -24db.

So 24 is a faster roll off, for a sub it would seem 12db or 6db would be ideal for a larger driver? And 18db 24db would be for mids and highs? I've spent a whole day with my EQ Found 4 settings I liked LoL. Looking to add in sound effects tomorrow my unit is DDX376BT Kenwood has a good bit of features. I'll take my time and play with all settings one at a time to find what really suitable for my ears.

Archived