Second Skin Audio

Stereo Integrity HST-15 ported box build

Surfer J

Up next was the 45s in the corners of port. 

IMG_0083.jpeg.7d0426e2d0a201d9a56b875302ffce50.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg.988941de05178512e801811fccfb65a5.jpeg

That is all for today. It doesn't look like I will be able to work on my box for the rest of the week. At work we are in the process of moving locations. My box and tools are at the new location. I got a text after I left work that I am needed at the old location the next two days. So it looks like my box is on hold until next week. Talk about bummed. I thought for sure my box would be completed on Friday. I will update as soon as I can get anything more done.

"A nod is just as good as a wink to a blind horse." Rolf - Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Well like I said yesterday there are no new updates on the build today. I won't be able to work on it again tomorrow and it is killing me. I would have been able to tell if it was all worth it. I truly hope It will be a noticeable difference.

I do plan to round over the edges on the port opening. Also the second and third baffle layers will be a little wider than the first on. The first layer is in between  the two side walls. The second and third will sit on top of the sides. 

Here is where I plan to round over the port ends.

aaa.png.73b88765f2ccc9ee1a269411147102b0.png

Here is the difference in the top baffles. The top image shows where the bottom baffle fits in between the sides. The bottom image shows where the second and third baffle will lay on top of the sides.

aaaa.thumb.png.41e938d18522d60f25d50f16791d9779.png

I hope that clarifies for you what I intend to do and answers your questions. Thanks for following my build.

Hello everyone. Not much of an update today. I drilled the mounting holes in the top baffle and added the threaded inserts. I know what you are thinking "How were you able to fit all that into a single lunch hour?". Well it was tough and I had to work quickly. Seriously though I had to measure and remeasure because I laid out the mounting holes by hand. I didn't want to remove my sub just to mark out the mounting holes. Then remount it. Also I didn't take any photos. Seemed a bit too mundane to show off.  

Just a small update today. I didn't have much time today to work on it. I was able to add the two main chamber braces.

IMG_0088.jpeg.3a54606c7cc7c557b894f0cdeae66328.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg.6bb08dd97e72b616ef110c744fd7ace1.jpeg

After I added the braces I realized I should have rounded over the top and bottom of the braces. 

I also glued together the top two baffle pieces.

IMG_0090.jpeg.2d663885317e6567e27ac0f20afd9652.jpeg

As I was looking at the new braces and thinking about how I should have rounded them over, I realized I should have also rounded over the inside corners of the port. Below is what I am talking about.

A.png.96182bb320d1b3f3478f978d44b7df1f.png

Oh well. Live and learn. I now have a lot of new ideas and plans for the next box I build. Next time I will be able to plan and build, hopefully, a much improved box. 

I was wondering with all the effort rounding the port entrance why you didnt do the corners...

Sometimes you just forget lol. Your next box will be better hahaha

Looking good though

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived