Second Skin Audio

Stereo Integrity HST-15 ported box build

Surfer J

Sorry again there is not much of an update today. Okay nothing happened with my box today. I was not in the shop so I was unable to work on by build. Yea I keep noticing little things I could have or should have done. Yes my next box will be much improved in many little ways.

"A nod is just as good as a wink to a blind horse." Rolf - Ed, Edd, and Eddy

3 hours ago, Surfer J said:

Sorry again there is not much of an update today. Okay nothing happened with my box today. I was not in the shop so I was unable to work on by build. Yea I keep noticing little things I could have or should have done. Yes my next box will be much improved in many little ways.

Hey, you can always make changes... even if you have to take 1 side of the box off and sand or router.  I'm building my 2nd under seat box, and cramming everything I need into my space is a nightmare, so I'm taking my sweet time and making sure it's all perfect before I glue everything together 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Today I was finally able to work on my box. I got the last side glued on. I will be able to finish it up tomorrow. 

Here it is with glue on all edges.

IMG_0091.jpeg.ded73d13ed51828f19f4778fa4d30b35.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg.47e694bb3ba9faadbbb2e1aa87883a1a.jpeg

The outside port wall was about 1/16" short. I used liquid nails caulk to fill the gap as I glued it up. Also the last side wasn't as square as I thought is was. 

IMG_0093.jpeg.c4e1eb969cc20e132258cd5ecb9fae2b.jpeg

IMG_0094.jpeg.c4c00534890d485387830fa6ba3e8830.jpeg

I will have to to some pretty heavy sanding on a few of the edges. Luckily we have belt sanders at work. That should help to make much quicker work of what sanding I need to do.

Well this morning didn't go as planned. I got in my truck to go to work aaaannnndddddddd....... no good. It was running really rough, like it was missing a cylinder. It turned out I had a spark plug go bad. Easy fix, but costly in time. So no work was done on the box today. Bummed. I hope to complete on Monday. 

Today I as able to glue the final baffle piece to the top of the box. 

For some reason I can't up load any pics. I  keep getting a message that the photos are too large., even though I am using the same size I used for all the other ones. I will try to post them again later.

• 1 month later...

Archived