Sonic Electronix

Need advise for sub choice!

Hey guys I’m working on a new audio project. I had some great suggestions given to me on here for my megacab ram sundown audio build and I couldn’t happier with the way it turned out. So I’m back for another project. I have a c5 corvette Z06 I just purchased it’s in the shop getting a supercharger, cam and headers. When I get it back I’m starting on the system. I would like to stick with either Sundown or DC. Looking to shoot between the 3.5k to 6k range on wattage. I have ample room for box design because it’s the hard top couple style and not the hatchback so I have a deep trunk with a pass through to the cabs interior cargo space. Here’s what I’ve been tossing around in my head. Nightshade 1-15 //2-12’s,   zv5 2-12’s//1-15//1-18,    DC level 5 or 6   2-12’s//1-15 //1-18. The amp will match the manufacturer of the subs and power rating so I don’t need help on that. What would you guys run out of these configurations? If anyone has had any experience with a vette build let me know. Any info is appreciated. I’m a little worried about 2 things....grounding issues or the car getting rattled to death seeing as the car is a bunch of fiberglass and carbon fiber .... running a belt driven supercharger and a mechman 320-370 on the same serpentine belt. I hopslippage isn’t an issue at high rpms. Anyway thanks again! 

Have you looked at the Stereo Integrity HST line of subs? I have the 15 in a sealed box(only 1 ft^2) on a Taramps 3000 right now and it sounds great. I  am also currently building a ported box tuned to 25 Hz for it. I started a build log for it if you want to follow along. 

"A nod is just as good as a wink to a blind horse." Rolf - Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Well those are all good woofers, they do perform differently from one another and I believe the single 18 would possibly be the loudest, followed by a pair of 12's, all depends on what you want, personally id take the pair of ns 12's because i'm an SD nut hugger lol.

Once you start hitting 4kw and above, it can get hard on your interior pieces & windows but nothing too significant, 8k+ and shit starts to get real with most small 2/4 seater vehicles, at this point and beyond you need to start respecting your systems output in relation to the health of your ears and car.

Vettes have a thick frame and would work well for a grounding point but, you could always run separate grounds if your worried about grounding problems.

The 300+A alt will put an additional load on the belt but a tight 6+ rib should be able to take it.

• 1 month later...

I would say Zv5 15...but I'm bias(running 2 Zv5 15s on 8k)but I have a ?....all the money going into the motor for speed....why weigh it down with that much weight?my 2 15s and the box with all supporting batts wires etc.is HEAVY!!!keep it light....run some SD 61/2 or 8s....

Archived