Second Skin Audio

Need help finding f3 of obsidian oa 12s in sealed box

akuma4u

Hey i got a buddy selling obsidian audio oa 12s d4s for cheap. He says they are basically sundown sa12s. The com0any went out of biz years ago so hard to find info on them. they are d4 subs. They are rated for 600rms but can take considerably more. I was able to find ts params on d2s. I want to run 2 in a sealed box off 2000rms. What i need to know is what would the f3 (how low the box will play before losing 3db)  be in a sealed box. If its too high i wont bother. The box will be about 2.8 net here are the ts params for the d2s..can someone pls help me out and find of the f3 in a sealed box for dual d2s? Thanks! 

Product:

1 Obsidian Audio OA-12 Dual 2ohm

2. Specs:

Obsidian 12" D2:

Re: 4.0 Ohm

Fs: 33 Hz

Qms: 5.21

Qes: 0.56

Qts: 0.51

Vas: 34.4

Le: 2.21 mH

BL: 19.1

SPL: 85.4 dB

Sd: 490 cm^2

Mms: 243.1 g

Xmax: 20mm

Peak-to-peak: 62mm (2.45")

Power Handling: 600 watts RMS

Recommended enclosure info:

Sealed ~ 1.0 to 1.5 ft^3

Ported ~ 1.75 to 2 ft^3 @ 30 to 35 Hz

14 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

They are not basically SAs they had weak motors if I remember right.  And if I recall only way to get f3 is to actually measure the subs in a box 

Hmm..i was told by seller they are designed after the sa model and obsidian audio WAS created by sundown audio.. hard to get info on out of business subs.  

54 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

You.need to model it. No one can tell you without having it modeled 

Yes thats why im looking for someone to model it for me 2 12 d2s off 2krms in a 1.8net sealed enclosure

Btw i wasnt being sarcastic when i said thanks for the help. You said they are great subs so that helps. 

10 hours ago, akuma4u said:

Yes thats why im looking for someone to model it for me 2 12 d2s off 2krms in a 1.8net sealed enclosure

Btw i wasnt being sarcastic when i said thanks for the help. You said they are great subs so that helps. 

Your probably going to have to provide ts specs to model with. 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived