Time to replace my battery. Some advice needed

I've had good luck with X2Power AGM batteries from Batteries Plus. As far as I know (unless it changed), they're re-branded Northstar batteries. Another bonus is they come with a 4-5yr (depending on model) warranty, it either matches or beats actual Northstar brand. They currently have a 10% coupon if store pick-up is an option, plus there's currently a $30 rebate on a lot of the X2Power AGM's.

Here's an example, the NorthStar 31M with a different sticker:

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli31agmdpm

10% coupon on the homepage and here's the rebate

https://apfco.com/Secured/W1788/R10156/Home/EntryForm

It comes out to $357 if you don't mind dealing with a rebate in case it's less than they're charging for the NorthStar.

Ok Tyler over at GP audio hooked me up. He beat the price at batteries Plus and I ordered a SMSAGM80 and a G31 Northstar from him. Thanks for the help guys!

I got the batteries swapped out today and the new amp hooked up. Also found out only one of my other batteries was actually bad. Can’t use the good one though since it isn’t and agm battery. Not that I need to. According to my voltage meter the car charges at 14.0 volts. With the radio max and car anything over 1000 rpms it stays at 14.0 I might have seen 13.9 once but not sure where the rpms were. At around 500 rpms the gauge drops to 13.7v nothing lower. Before at idle I was down to 11.8 and that was with the other amp. Honestly even with the radio off at idle I was down to 12.1v. I want to check to see how many amps I am pulling at least with the sub amplifier, but so far it is a win.

If they matched the batteries plus price after the rebate it's a win, it beats waiting 6-8 weeks. Plus, even though the x2power is a Northstar I'd prefer the actual Northstar branded if all else is equal. The one I grabbed for my truck got a 5yr instead of 4yr warranty on top of being cheaper so that one was a no brainier.

Yeah Tyler ended up taking 10% off his price for me. His price was around $378. He gave me free next day shipping, and with the 10% off I was about $340 for the battery. He took 10% off the entire order though so I saved $20 on the SMS-agm80 also. 

9 hours ago, Scotnemily said:

Yeah Tyler ended up taking 10% off his price for me. His price was around $378. He gave me free next day shipping, and with the 10% off I was about $340 for the battery. He took 10% off the entire order though so I saved $20 on the SMS-agm80 also. 

Glad to see it worked out man. Get er done!

I have to clean up the wiring still. I left the wires longer than needed for now since I am not sure if I am going to move things around. It isn’t finalized yet. I also have to add another bracket to hold the battery. The small one needs one more bracket to lock it down. I’ll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Here are some pictures. It is a mess still sorry. Cables will be cut to more appropriate length once the locations are finalized. Wires will be tidy up and hidden behind cover panels.

ZoeqFQX.jpg

8VlRXok.jpg

LUpNX1q.jpg

0EM5uEo.jpg

That’s all for now. Like I said it is messy but coming together.

Archived