Voltage and Wattage

11 minutes ago, Deeznutz34 said:

Now see, that wasn't so hard to answer was it. But heres a brain tickler for you, being that I'm running @ .5 ohm is that number actually doubled or do you need more information to answer that one too?

Awe that’s so cute you have no idea what you’re asking or doing.

let me guess you saw on the internet that running at half ohm have you more power with out understand how much turns into heat and the effects it has on your amps

girls you so cute but really though how’s your mom doing 

6 minutes ago, Deeznutz34 said:

@ToNasty now that I can understand. That's kind of what I was getting to. Based on what will said I'm losing about 240w. Now with all the other variables of lost wattage, is losing that 240w a huge factor?

It's not  because after impedance rise. It will be even less. Half a volt isnt anything to worry about 

Interestingly enough, this topic seems to be quite mis-understood.  Folks assume that more voltage is better; but, that is not always the case.  For example, let's say that you invest a bunch of money in batteries and then you ramp up voltage to 15V or so.  While your amps (with unregulated power supplies) may indeed make more output power (say 10%), the life of your batteries will be dramatically shortened from continually being overcharged.

While 10% more power may show up on the meter, you certainly can't hear the difference.  So, the pro of the extra power doesn't outweigh the con of shortening the life of expensive batteries.  This proves yet again that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived