Help with calibration using DD-1+ on my system.

44 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

Leave those gains at zero unless you can max out the hu. Then you can try increasing them. If you can't reach max volume don't adjust them down. Just note what volume you can't play over. Adjusting them down will prevent you from getting full pre out voltage. That is not normal for the equalizer. I've never heard of that before. As far as setting eqs, don't boost weak frequencies, cut the stronger ones. This will help you to avoid clipping your signal. Keep it flat to tune though. 

Right on. Thanks for the info. I'm so anxious to get the DD-1+. I've been researching gain settings, equalizer settings and anything else that is pertinent to my system since I got it. It's what led me here and got me to buy the DD-1+. I really thank you for the help.

Edited by Griffscavern

2 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

If you get a cc1 you can use both xovers if you want a bigger dB slope say both deck and amp has a 12 dB slope if you use both xovers you get about a 24db slope as long as the points are identical m.. 

I'll definitely look into that, but the hu does give me the option of adjusting slope.

Edited by Griffscavern

1 hour ago, Mike4068 said:

No problem, enjoy your system. Be careful though, car audio is addictive and it will take all of your money. 🤣

Oh trust me, I know. It all started with me replacing my old hu. By the time I was done I had that, 4 new speakers for the cab, 2 subs, 2 amps and a box for them. Of course I can't forget the DD-1+ I bought yesterday too, plus I also added rear and front dashcams too. Yikes!

Edited by Griffscavern
  • Haha (+1 Rep) 1