Sonic Electronix

In over my head which should I get a Fi Q series or a HIPPOXL122R 12 or a Deaf Bonce Apocalypse DB-SA2712D1

Hello I am brand new here and wanted to post a question I been itching to make a purchase and I always buy before I research so I figured for once let me do some research especially in this area. I have talked to all 3 of the manufactures  above and none of them sold me on anything they just said our sub woofers are the best but never told me in detail why I should go with them which was pretty unusual. I have a 2007 Cadillac DTS and my current setup is a JL Audio 12w6v2 and a JL Audio 500.1 yeah old stuff I know.  I have had this set up for about 15 years in about 6-8 different cars and had to re cone once. I have had nothing else as far as subs and amp. I wanted to give this setup to my son and wanted to get myself something new I loved the setup but again I'm passing it down and now looking to something more budget friendly. I looked at these 3 due to reviews and power rating. I am not looking to send more than $400 on a sub. I am leaning towards the Hippo due to it being 3krms  nd it comes with the sound deadener which my trunk rattles bad and I hate that ghetto sound and also the other two are 1700. As far as an amp goes I am going with a skar 2k or the Wolfram 2400 but still researching. Can you guy give me some feedback on these 3 and for now let's not worry about electrical or box lets just talk strictly sub. I am only going with one 12" I want chest thumping bass that digs deep and that people a few blocks away will be like wtf if I wanted it to,. MY JL does turn heads still.  I listen to a lot of rap R&B. and also listen to rock/metal. I can go from System of a Down to A Tribe Called Quest back to Lincoln Park then to some Salsa or Meringue My JL does great and people are surprised by it so I am really excited to see what triple the power can do once I get the electrical up to par but that's for another thread. Thank you for your feedback  Also I have had  0 experience with the 3 below

$379-https://ficaraudio.com/product/q-ferrite-series/

$269-https://gpcaraudio.com/deaf-bonce-apocalypse-db-sa2712-12-subwoofer/

$399(it was 359 now 399 with free sound deadener) https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_136923_Massive-Audio-HIPPO-XL-122R-HIPPOXL122R.html

Sorry I just re titled it . My understanding is both those amps put out over 2k plus. But I am not worried about the amp if I need to go bigger that's fine so let's go with  I need a sub first and then I will pick out a  suitable amp . SO out of those 3 subs which would do the best for my needs? Are they good subs do they hit hard? Di g Deep? Overrated? Would the hippo being 3k rms make a huge difference between the other 2? One is 250 for 1750 rms  the other is 100 more for the same amount of rms and also for that extra 100 I can get another 1,300 MORE RMS power. Again this is all new to me so help me decide. Again lets say I have all the electrical and the amp to power it all which of the 3 should I get? Again for the price and 3k I want the hippo. I also talked to Massive they said both amps above would be a great match but again no details on why I should go with their subs. and again take the amp out of the equation for now

Ok so that means you have no opinion on the subs? Again I am going with what the manufacture said and that was for only 1 sub the amp will push the other 2 choices just fine according to the manufacture and those amps push close to 3k from the dyno  vids. So again school me on what I should or shouldn't get. Lets not worry about anything else but the sub we are getting off subject just forget I mentioned the amps I will reevaluate depending on if I go with the Hippo. So can we please stay on topic and I will build the rest of the system around it. Thank you gents 

Archived