Second Skin Audio

Can you hit 150db with a single 18?

Stevo55

Are you going to build 1 box and magically hit it? Probably not. But after building, measuring, and tweaking you probably can. 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

If anyone could plz give me some box size recommendations I would realy appreciate it treo says 4cubes for ported but to me that sounds tiny I was thinking like 6+ but I could be wrong. Iv been messing with formulas and port area and this and that but I'm still learning how to get that in depth into it. It's just starting to confuse the hell out of me or am I just over thinking it. It just going to be a daily pounder just trying to get all I can out of it if I'm gonna put big bucks into my electrical and everything elce

150db+ from a single 18?.. sure, it's very doable. That's a 2500 watt sub? I'd think a legit 4K+ wired low or a 5K+ @ 1 ohm would be a neighborhood to start with a 4" coiled sub to get there, and more power would be better imo. I thought Treo recommended a very small enclosure, like 4ft3 net and 50in2 of port,  the EBP looks like it likes a sealed enclosure or small vented so I'd lean towards their recommendation especially if putting some real power to it.

I tested and tested mine, changed/resized my enclosure at the time 5 times before settling on my new enclosure. 

I'm no expert and hesitate to chime in on this but I do agree with both statements above.

I can honestly say after getting there that it does take some work, now I'm after 153db on the same power... lol.

Once again testing and tuning to keep a somewhat daily tune and not lose all bandwidth. My single 18 is 152db+ on 3k clamped currently outlaw, with music it's 150ish but as I said I'm not willing to chase numbers hardcore with a burp box.

Maybe a compromise at 5ft3 net 60in2 of port if you plan to underpower it a bit?

I have no exp with that sub but the recommendations along with the EBP tells me it sure would like a smaller enclosure. Also, tuning just a touch (3-4hz for example) closer to your cabin resonance will increase SPL usually without too much loss on the low-end.

Archived