Second Skin Audio

Can somebody check my calculations before gluing the baffle?

CorNut

33 minutes ago, CorNut said:

The box needs to be small for this vehicle and the SA has been sitting around for a while, I figured wth. Would you suggest pairing the box/amp with a different sub? I went to finish it today but it turns out I don't have the right size hole saw for the terminal cup so I ordered a different sized one. Being a single ported 10 I decided it's ok to use a terminal cup. It needs to sit flush against the seat and a terminal cup is the only way. I don't mind putting a different sub in there if I'll be doing the SA a disservice. Before port displacement it'll be ~1.08 cu ft and the port will be 28" long. 

Now it's time to go learn about box rise

No, you have it so run it. I'm just saying for future reference. But I have always been a big box person so I may be biased.

I have ran multiple different subs is various sizes boxes and have always preferred a larger than recommended box. May just be my personal tastes.

I always try to cram the largest box I can fit in any given space. Then based on the airspace I have available I pick my subs. Sometimes you have .5 cubes to work with, sometimes 16 cubes... just depends 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived