Pre-out and high level at the same time

Hi guys so I have a head unit with 3 pre-outs 1 for sub 1 for front and 1 for rear but what I want to know is, is it possible to use the pre-outs for sub, front door speakers and middle door speakers and use the high level outputs for 6x9s on the rear parcel shelf 

4 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

I don't fully understand what your trying to do but it sounds like you want to use the head unit output as a high level signal? if you have a rear rca pre-out, why would you want to do this? 

Lmfao because I’m an idiot and I didn’t think about rca y splitters😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, JMKady said:

It's possible, not sure why you wouldn't run them off the rear pre-amp output though. 

Lol ok so I didn’t word it too well originally but I have 6 rca connections on the head unit 2 for front 2 for rear and 2 for subs but I have 6 speakers and 2 subs and I want to run the 2 front door speakers and the 2 rear door speakers off a 4 channel amp with the 2 front outputs powering the 2 front door speakers and the 2 rear outputs powering the 2 rear speakers so that leaves the 2 sub outputs which will be running to a mono block amp and powering the 2 subs but I also have 2 6x9s that I want to run off another amp which means I need another 2 rca connections and I want them running on the rear channel also so I thought maybe I could wire the 2 6x9s from the speaker level wires to a line level converter and have the extra 2 rca outputs go to my 3rd amp to power the 6x9s I already have a 4 channel line level converter so if I did it like this I would have 2 spare rca connections for the front if I ever decided to maybe put in another set of component speakers in the front somewhere but at the time of writing the original post I just didn’t think of using 2 rca splitters to split the rear 2 rca connections into 4 connections however if running the way in asked about originally is possible and wouldn’t damage the head unit or anything I would still prefer to do it that way

Archived