Beefing up my electrical

Well you could get dual 2 and run each set of 3 at 1.33 each on 2 5ks you will probably have to watch them  on those amps or run different subs that you can  get dual 1.4 or .7 coils .... are you set on those subs?  Since you have the pro cast already the juggernauts come In a variety of voice coil options always wanted to try them .. 

oh just looked at the price of the skars I’m assuming that’s why you want to run them?

6 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Well you could get dual 2 and run each set of 3 at 1.33 each on 2 5ks you will probably have to watch them  on those amps or run different subs that you can  get dual 1.4 or .7 coils .... are you set on those subs?  Since you have the pro cast already the juggernauts come In a variety of voice coil options always wanted to try them .. 

oh just looked at the price of the skars I’m assuming that’s why you want to run them?

I'm sort of open for which subs to get but yes, the price of the skar is a big reason why I'm leaning toward them. These mmats don't like to play low and that's what I'm wanting. I'm going for loudness but also want to play low with authority 

According to the specs the pro cast should play low fine... maybe you are just expecting to much out of a 600 watt sub Or it’s your box don’t know...  it says they excel in band pass boxes..

anyways .    The fi ssd fifteens are 280 only 1500 watts though but  they have an ht option  you’ll have to call them see which option is better for what you want

2 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

.. maybe you are just expecting to much out of a 600 watt sub Or it’s your box don’t know...  

That's possible. I've never had a high powered setup. I've listened to a few but never personally had one. As far as the box goes, I feel like I should've made it bigger to give it more low end but, compared to the box I had before, it slams. Right now I'm just looking to go a little bigger. I like loud bass but I've also found I want to play low with authority. I've been looking at subs around the 1500 rms range and since most of my system is already skar (door speakers) I kinda want the subs to be skar as well. But it's not a dealbreaker. The price for the skars is really nice though lol

51 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Run 2 amps at 1 ohm each 

Why run amp to max? That's harder on electrical than 2 at 1 ohm dialed back slightly

Speaking of not maxing amps out, I know that once you turn the gain up so much, distortion starts to occur. So you would dial it down just hair before it starts distorting. but if a given amp is rated for x amount of watts rms, would you still be getting all that power (or close to it) even if you dial the gain back to reduce distortion? Hope that made sense. It's a thought that has crossed my mind and was hoping someone would possibly have an answer. Also, didn't mean to change topic lol using only 2 amps could definitely work, especially money. It would be cheaper instead of buying 3

Well this is the thing  2 evls will take everything a rp3500 has. As long as it's clean unclipped.

As far as distortion goes it's only going to distortion if input signal is clipped or track your playing is clipped or you overdrive the amp.

Set up right a single evl would take a full rp3500 itself

Archived