Second Skin Audio

Jeep Wrangler TJ Subbox Question

CommonSyns

I have a box I am looking at, the specs are:

Mounting Hole=9-1/8
Mounting Depth: 7"
Volume: 1.4 cu.ft Total
Sealed Box

I don't know what would sound good in a space this small, and sealed. I think my options would be limited to some of the name brand subs. I was thinking I would have to go with a JL but if possible I would not want to do that. 

Would a box this small with the air space being what it is, would I have to go with a shallow mount subwoofer? Or do I just not understand something. 

Ideally I would go for a custom box built to my standards but I am severely lacking in experience to build something like this. I would like to go ported but given my lack of space that I have I just don't think that would be possible. Unless someone could give an alternative to my requirement of having the rear seat still in for a 98 Jeep TJ Wrangler.

This was the box I was looking at its a prefab.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I’m guessing this is for 2 - 10’s U never said but 2 Sundown SA-10’s looks like they would fit and would shit on those JL’s . I would never use JL way over priced and overrated . Fosgate would have some cheaper options also.

3DD09C5C-F35D-48FA-A63D-E81F236D0AC0.png

A21B2F4D-AD4E-4DD1-8389-C14B274138C1.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Also what amp are U running.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I've never tried Sundown but I've heard of them. I've heard they are more towards SPL but that was awhile ago when I was looking for subs back in 13. For my amp I am running my old Skar Audio 1500.1v1. I am looking to run this at 1 OHM to so I can get the maximum output of my amp. 

This is going in a 98 Jeep TJ with the rear seat still in.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

If your on a budget the Sundown E series will work also and with that amp.

Archived