Sonic Electronix

Well that’s why I’m here I’m sure you can tell I obviously don’t know exactly what I’m doing. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated my goal is loud sound quality and I want to fiberglass my interior to be able to add more speakers but im consumed when I see guys running all these speakers with just one dsp 

That is a solid attitude to have. Tons of help here with the right attitude. 

How about we start with what you mean by sound quality. Generally when sound quality is mentioned it refers to accurate reproduction of sound, so what you hear is as close to possible to what was recorded.

It doesn't sound like that is what you want, it sounds like you want loud without distortion, more or less. Is that a fair statement? So loud and clear (or clean)...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Yes exactly, I’ve been wanting to get a dsp to be able to do learn how to do all the fine tuning I really want one to be able to make it sound better but things got so confusing when I tried figuring out how people have all these speakers in there car with one 8 channel output dsp. 

16 hours ago, Freddboi said:

Yes exactly, I’ve been wanting to get a dsp to be able to do learn how to do all the fine tuning I really want one to be able to make it sound better but things got so confusing when I tried figuring out how people have all these speakers in there car with one 8 channel output dsp. 

If it's any help, I'm running an active setup with 2 6.5" mids & a tweeter in each door. I experimented with each mid on its own channel controlled separately with the DSP & both wired in series on one channel. I can honestly say I liked the sound more when they were wired together. If you've got the same speakers in the same location (like all 4 mids) treat them as one channel.

If you've got 8channels to work with and wanna sound good & loud, I'd probably do tweeters on 1ch, 2-mids on another, & bridge the rear channels and do a midbass/woofer where u would've had the 3rd & 4th mid or center console. 

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

Jnasty yes! My idea for the front was going to be have the 4 mids in the same general location so I can wire them together and control the 4 mids as one channel. Now my question is what is the easiest way to do that. I have those two 4 channel amps for mids and highs I will have a seprate amp for subs. Would it be easier if I had different amps? 

So at the end of the day I wanted to have the channels like this On the dsp. 

channel 1: 4 front right mids 

channel 2: 4 front left mids 

channel 3: 4 front left tweeters 

channel 4: 4 front right tweeters

channel 5: rear left 6x9

channel 6: rear right 6x9 

channel 7: right sub 

channel 8: left sub 

I would say you could ignore the rear 6x9s, with that much front end I doubt you would even hear them. 

so with that being said,  you can use a 5 channel dsp since there is no need to put your subs on more than 1 channel.

for wiring, if you have 4 ohm speakers you can wire 4 of them in parallel on each channel of a 4 channel amp that is 1ohm stable and be fine. 

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I’m going with the RF 3.sixty.3 8 channel output dsp. Over the course of time I have come to a conclusion on the wiring of the speakers and how it will lay out on the dsp. The two amps I’m running are going to be the RF T.600 power series and the RF T.400 power series both 4 channel. Since the T.600 has a 2 channel mode switch I am going to use those two channels for the front right mids and front left mids.

The T.400 can have the front left and right tweeters and the two rear 6x9. Can I wire all the mids on each door panel in series to the t600 ?

both amps have the 4/2 channel switch and both amps can be bridged. You can keep using the 3 sixty as well even if you don't have to use all of the channels, just gives you options in the future.

As far as the wiring, if you mids are 4 ohm each, then I would run that t600 with 2 speakers in parallel on each channel (so 4 channel @2ohms) and use the 2 channel switch so you only need a single pair of RCA inputs (likely the front 1 option from the 360).

For the tweets, if it was me I would do the same as the mids and run it in 4 channel 2ohms using the front2 option on the 360 and just ignore the rear speakers. but if you really want those rear speakers then it would probably be easiest to get another amp. I'm not sure there is a good way to wire up 8 tweets on 2 channels since the amp isn't 1 ohm stable and have enough power. You could run just 4 tweets maybe...

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived