Sonic Electronix

So I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500, Single Cab.

Installed...

Dual 12inch subwoofer box. (For Shallows) The Box is unknown

2x Sony Xplods (Blown I think) No sound goes threw them anymore

Door Speakers

Pillar Speakers

Amp For Subs Skar 1500.1D

Amp For Mids and Highs

Headunit

I have a buzzing noise coming from my speakers its very annoying if someone could tell me how to fix that it would be amazing.

I need to known if I should take back my Door speakers, pillar speakers, and skar amp for something different. I need to know which should i get. I need to get new subs, for my new amp I just got.

I'm a teenager so I like very loud, like someone from the down road. Also if I have to get a new amp for my mids and highs I guess ill save up. But I'm currently saving up and trying to find what subs to get and to see to take back my speakers I just bought and buy different ones that are better and louder.

I have all the correct fuses and everything, I just need bigger gauge wire that runs from my distribution block back to my amps. They're like a 8 or 12 gauge. 

Also I hate when bass goes threw my mids and highs because it just sounds so bad, I like the rich bass coming from my subwoofers.

And lastly heres a picture of the box and anyway to fix my subwoofers, if no sound is going threw them? They are powered. 

ignore the games my girlfriend likes to play games

81976953_1300493403468331_5808944019459276800_n.jpg

82053694_2923003037732777_3153017006177910784_n.jpg

With the buzzing noise, the first thing that comes to my mind is that your RCA cables might be too close to your amplifier power wires. To test this, see if the buzzing stays when your truck isn't started. Or, when the truck is running, rev it and listen if the pitch of the buzzing changes.

If there is too much bass coming out of your door speakers, adjust the crossovers on your amps. Use 80 Hz for your starting point. For the door speakers, use the high-pass filter. For the subwoofers, use the low-pass filter.

Lastly, if there's no sound coming out of your subwoofers, check to make sure the lights on the amplifier are on, then double check that the RCA's are connected. A good way to test if your subs are blown is to find a 9V battery and touch the positive wire to the positive terminal, and the negative wire to the negative terminal. If the subs make a popping noise and move inwards when you touch the wires to the battery, chances are the subs are not blown.

Is the sub amp still powering up? Buzz could be something up with the amp or a ground loop issue. The buzz could also be the notorious Pioneer head unit nightmare. Need more info to diagnose your problem before you spend more money and break more stuff :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived