Weird Charging Issue

So i upgraded my alternator to a mechman 170 amp, did the big 3 upgrade, and upgraded my main battery to an XSPower D5100R. I have a 2006 honda civic lx. For the amp i have a skar Rp 1500.1 wired to 2 ohms so im only getting 930 watts max. Heres the issue. At idle In Park, i stay at 14.1 to 14.3 constant. When driving its the same. But lately when having my knobs maxed my voltage will drop down to from 12.8 to 13 volts. The weird thing is, is when i accelerate it drops to 12.9, when i let my foot off the gas it jumps back to 14.4. Also, when it drops to 12.9 ill turn my night lights on and itll jump back up to 14.2 and stay there. So ill get voltage drop down to 12.9 when accelerating, and then when i take my foot off the gas it jumps up to 14.4 until i accelerate again. Cruising it stays at 14.2 with my foot off the gas. I am confused. I have everything properly upgraded and its doing weird things. And i dont get any voltage drop with my headlights on. I need help please.

I believe the 06 is an 8th gen like mine?

if so you can two options,

1. Turn your fans on without a/c it will trip the eld and you will stay at 14.2 +/- a few tenths of a volt. 
2. Unplug eld harness below under hood fuse box. 
can’t find my picture but you have to un mount the fuse box then look for a brown plug on the underside (atleast mine was) and unplug it. Now the car essentially thinks it always wants the alternator full tilt. Will lessen mpg but will keep voltage up

1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

I believe the 06 is an 8th gen like mine?

if so you can two options,

1. Turn your fans on without a/c it will trip the eld and you will stay at 14.2 +/- a few tenths of a volt. 
2. Unplug eld harness below under hood fuse box. 
can’t find my picture but you have to un mount the fuse box then look for a brown plug on the underside (atleast mine was) and unplug it. Now the car essentially thinks it always wants the alternator full tilt. Will lessen mpg but will keep voltage up

Thanks man, ill just unplug it. I need that voltage lmao, and id rather not drive with my night lights always on. 

41 minutes ago, SqSpl_317 said:

Thanks man, ill just unplug it. I need that voltage lmao, and id rather not drive with my night lights always on. 

Haha yeah. Let me know if you have trouble finding it I’ll hunt down a picture somewhere on my phone. 

Found the pictures I took. I didn't take any for how to undo the mounting of the fuse box but this tells you what harness to pull. It will be under the "left side" closest to the brake fluid reservoir I believe (white with black top in picture)

40d704dc8bfff24f5c095807c4b583789614ffbc5b0d90ba4e2e2aeb7633e6ab2c1fa5eb258bc9a9

Archived