Pioneer DEH-P9600MP

I have had this HU for a long time. It has a problem of wearing out the ribbon cables every few years. I used to be able to buy the ribbon cable attached to a circuit board and it was a easy fix but all they sale now is the ribbon cable that you have to solder to the existing board. Can anyone point me to directions on how to do it or does anyone in the sacramento area do it for minimal cost? I allready replaced it with a pioneer deh-80prs but I liked the 9600mp alot better!

I have a new flex cable, its just that is all they sale now, they used to sale it allready soldered to the little board that attaches to the faceplate. Now you have to reuse the old board that attaches to the face and I just do not know how to solder that, it has like 10+ tiny connections.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants to buy/trade this. I probably am not going to fix it as my 80prs is way more reliable and I can play files off sd cards and usb drives. I know theres a following on these old head units cause the screen is way nicer at the cost of replacing the ribbon cable every 2 years. I have the remote/mic/trim ring basically everything but the box.

Archived