2005 Tahoe - No Wall 161+ dB Daily (8 12s, 40kw, kick)

I was talking some crazy stuff like stopping the no wall build.... but @crazydoublekick convinced me to stick with it

sooo I swapped from the Drew Jones box to the one I designed:

8XD6fJP.jpg

hgiwndo.jpg

11.7 cubes, 314 square inches of port @ 45hz. also adjustable so I can shrink the port and lower tuning

I also added 2 more grounds front to back, and have a Crossfire 16k being delivered to me tomorrow

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here was what I had previously for grounds

hgppvQO.jpg

m9GdldE.jpg

I been doing seat bolt grounds my whole life. never knew any different.

after talking with a lot of knowledgeable guys, I was told I need runs front to back, so I added 2:

X8VKq4L.jpg

NP5qYFm.jpg

and stumbled on a Crossfire 16k on accident

never ran crossfire stuff (longer than a day), never cared for them. they always seemed overpriced to me

but maaannn this one seems nice

ZgXIiD7.jpg

rki4ukR.jpg

there's some dispute on FB as to whether this is an accurate 26kw clamp, so I'll be doing more testing with a FLIR83 in the future, as well as having some other individuals clamp for me

and here's a video of voltage now. BIG difference with the dedicated grounds

this run clamped like 17kw max on music:

https://youtu.be/BE1zahgyUjs

so yeah, looks like the AMM-1 is wildly inaccurate above 15kw... which would make sense given its specs:

did some messing around with temporary ports too

not really science-y. I should have held clamped power constant. I can't really tell jack shit from this

HXqdoSt.jpg

Cmu3l5l.jpg

0GOCeuL.jpg

SiGu8Mb.jpg

I’m thinking of getting another zv5 15 myself. I’m debating if I should put 2 zv5 15s on a taramps md8000.1 or md12000.1. Which one should I go with for daily driving pounding all the time and not wanting to have to recone a sub?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

27 minutes ago, 121gigawatts said:

I’m thinking of getting another zv5 15 myself. I’m debating if I should put 2 zv5 15s on a taramps md8000.1 or md12000.1. Which one should I go with for daily driving pounding all the time and not wanting to have to recone a sub?

MD 12k for sure. 

Always better to have more power than needed. Then you can keep your power clean and have extra to spare.

I blew my 30k because I was too greedy and I wanted more power than the amp could make. That same thing might happen if you had an 8k.

my .02

• RedFred changed the title to 2005 Tahoe - No Wall 161+ dB Daily (8 12s, 40kw, kick)

Archived