2005 Tahoe - No Wall 161+ dB Daily (8 12s, 40kw, kick)

9 hours ago, bmwking said:

yeah you bump that dong...

Oh shit, I just seen that I made a typo and said “dong” instead of “song”. Wtf? Lol! The “s” and the “d” are right beside each other on the keypad. I fucked up. I wasn’t being a smartass, I made a typo. I hope that’s why you were talking shit to me because you thought I was being a smartass. If so, my bad. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Oh shit, I just seen that I made a typo and said “dong” instead of “song”. Wtf? Lol! The “s” and the “d” are right beside each other on the keypad. I fucked up. I wasn’t being a smartass, I made a typo. I hope that’s why you were talking shit to me because you thought I was being a smartass. If so, my bad. 

lol yeah man i was just poking fun at the typo

6 minutes ago, bmwking said:

haha yeah you woke up feisty today

For sure. Always. Lol! But nah, I thought you were being for real and I didn’t know what was going on and I thought it sucked because I didn’t wanna beef with you again and wanted to stay cool. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 4/26/2020 at 12:00 AM, RedFred said:

I'll be doing some impedance testing with the MD 8ks tomorrow, and if it's super high (like 3 ohms) I'll drop a pair of them in @ 0.25 ea and let a rip.

Also be doing lots of testing once my 30k gets back from repair, since it'll have the clip indicator addon :)

overall just not a fan of Korean amps anymore. Especially the big ones, sketch me out. Every person I know who used the CF 16k had to repair it.

clip indicator addon? there's one on the amp itself, do u mean a external like to put up front?

btw i bet ur butt puckered when u seen that spark lol how did it ground tho Thru the carpet?? also, very impressive numbers man. Good Job!

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:31 PM, MichiganBumps said:

clip indicator addon? there's one on the amp itself, do u mean a external like to put up front?

btw i bet ur butt puckered when u seen that spark lol how did it ground tho Thru the carpet?? also, very impressive numbers man. Good Job!

yeah the Bass series bigger than the 8k I think, don't come with external clip indicators

and having a clip indicator on the amp is pretty useless when it's mounted in the cargo area, or under a seat, etc.

I was gonna have the external one added to my 30k, but decided just to sell it blown instead. I'm getting way more power out of my MD 8ks

and I don't really get butt puckering anymore, I just get like "awwwhh man, another amp!" cus I blow amps so often now.

luckily it wasn't tho, and it was all good

and yeah the battery is pressed really tight against the seat. at 26hz it just flexed perfectly to ground through the thin cloth

awhile back I sent one of my 270a alts in for repair. couldn't figure out why it wasn't giving any output. changed the rectifier, tried swapping alt locations, tried it in 3 other GM vehicles.. nothing

was so frustrated.

instead of repairing it, Jon @ Brand X Electrical sent me 2 brand new Billet 390s

V4al9TW.jpg

when I went to swap out my 270a for the 390a, I figured out one of my fuses was blown.

probably from shorting the battery, but who knows. maybe it had been blown for longer than that

6PNnYPl.jpg

so I put in two new fuses, put in the 390a alt, and went to let a rip

AcePzfE.jpg

V3929o4.jpg

got some nice little PR's

159.58 @ 42hz on the dash clamping 25,120w

161.05 @ 52hz in the kick clamping 39,520w

NTQMF53.png

eVknSgg.png

• RedFred changed the title to 2005 Tahoe - No Wall 161+ dB Daily (8 12s, 40kw, kick)

Archived