Second Skin Audio

Sundown X 15 Enclosure

abdc

Making progress on an enclosure I'm making for my new Sundown X 15 v.2

About half way there. Need to sand and silicon, attach top and front baffles, and throw a nice stain on there.

Specs: 

Net volume: 4.371ft sq

Port Area: 80.75in sq

Tuning: 31.35

Feedback welcome

15791501623523899378177203317853.jpg

Almost finished.

Making that one piece double baffle was tough, but my router has become my best friend.

Just need a clearcoat and I'm calling this done.  The first and last build I will ever do on this tiny 2nd story porch.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 1/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, Epic said:

Kinda like that color stain

Varathane Gel Stain Red Mahagony. It came out pretty nice for my first time staining. I'll photobucket the finished product :)

Great work bro! O_o

Looking forward to more pics & possibly vids.

Tried a similar spec when I had my Xv2 15" but had to compare it to a T-Line for same sub at the time & t-line won. Went with 4.25 ft^3 net, 82 in^2 port area tuned @ 30 Hz. Didn't get to listen to the ported spec as much as I would have liked to be honest. What do you think of it? Missing that 15 badly.

Loving it, though I don't have another X 15 build for comparison.  Coming off a DC XL 12 as my most recent setup, the X 15 lows are cleaner and the useable response range more impressive.  Taking full 2k RMS like a champ, made sure to set my gains safely with a DD1.  I'm running out the door right now but will get some pics and vids up when I get a moment!

spacer.pngspacer.png

I used threaded 1/4 inch inserts on the back panel, that way I can take the amp rack on and off as much as I want without hurting the box.

I'll get some daylight pics and a video tomorrow to wrap this thread up.

Archived