This forum is a great tool to help diagnose what the cause of your issues are. You can also email [email protected].

What problem are you experiencing?

I have a red DD-1.  It has always worked perfect on all my personal builds.  Yesterday I was having trouble with it while trying to set gains on my newest build.  Head unit is an Alpine CDE 172BT and the amp is a CT Sounds 125.4  When setting the max head unit volume, it didn't get a signal until volume was at 24 of 35 and no distortion up to max volume 35...thought that was a little weird, but could be legit.  Next when trying to set the amp, I kept getting hardly any signal, then the 40hz and 1khz would light up but the signal light would not.  I tried several different tracks and could not get any consistent reading...if any readings at all.  No speakers were connected and I tried all 4 channels.  Occasionally all lights would light up for a couple seconds and then go off.  I checked the 9 volt battery inside it and it tested good.  Any idea what the problem could be?  I ended up just setting gains half way and hooking up the speakers...all speakers were working fine and amp was loud and clear. 

Red DD-1 means very little. Is it a regular DD-1, or a DD-1 plus?

It is not uncommon for a HU to reach max volume with no distortion, but given that it took a while for the signal light to light up, I'd imagine that some settings on the HU need to be adjusted in order to provide a higher signal level. 

Lastly, batteries can sometimes have good voltage but take a shit under load. Start the tuning process all over with a fresh Duracell or Energizer battery. If you havent already, email [email protected], they'll help you out for sure