Second Skin Audio

A shop built this tons of pics what do u think

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I can have an opinion on pricing! Almost $400 for that box is to high IMO even coming from AK!

When something is about average pricing. And you never had a shop  build you a box it’s not an opinion ... ,  since you build your own box you don’t consider time being worth anything I know because I’m the same way.. 

2 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

When something is about average pricing. And you never had a shop  build you a box it’s not an opinion ... ,  since you build your own box you don’t consider time being worth anything I know because I’m the same way.. 

Yes, but saying i don't know the value of $375 would be incorrect.  Those prices and shitty craftsmanship is what drove me to learn how to do everything.  Sorry to get off topic.

OP,  i hope the sub loosen up and your happy with it eventually.

7 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

If it's the same SOUND CHECK I know of, those dudes know what they are doing. Hank and them... they know what's up. 

Indeed it is the same Sound Check Customs!

3 hours ago, Matthew Williams said:

This is at least something good that was brought up and someone can back up the credibility. I have another SP4 sitting around. Would you recommend myself going back to them?

Its a good shop and they do good work, look at their facebook page for their builds. Im not aware of other shops in that area, Im in Wisconsin
But you got to tell them  what you want and be exact.

3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I can have an opinion on pricing! Almost $400 for that box is to high IMO even coming from AK!

It would be damn near what I charge and I work from home...

18 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

Indeed it is the same Sound Check Customs!

Its a good shop and they do good work, look at their facebook page for their builds. Im not aware of other shops in that area, Im in Wisconsin
But you got to tell them  what you want and be exact.

It would be damn near what I charge and I work from home...

Thanks for backing them at least man. It just seemed off to me. I will be more clear with them. Any idea on what I should do with a 2 FI SP4 15s? both are D1

On 1/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, Ron36 said:

That’s solid we got to ask all the questions to make sure everything else is good. I say push it hard for a couple weeks see if the sub loosens up. I can’t say I’ve ever seen one sub do hair tricks though but on 5k should still slam like while driving should be  rattling your brain. I’ve never had a sub I can say after a couple weeks actually got louder by ear though, they’ve always just slammed from the beginning.Not a big believer in the break in period bullshit people preach.

I've never broke in a sub either but my 4 hds2.108 8s for sure got louder and deeper almost everyday for about 2 months...I was amazed that everyday it seemed to get better and better, my current 15s are only a week old and I can hear some improvement after only about 6hrs on em. Maybe it is because I'm listening for it now after the 8s.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived