Jump to content

A shop built this tons of pics what do u think


Recommended Posts

Don’t think that’s all that bad , they could have painted it . It is a custom box here’s some you can buy online granted they are more popular people. And for hair tricks don’t think so maybe if it was in a Smart car. You have to remember a lot of the guys on this site build there own boxes even me and wood , screws and glue is cheap but the tools are expensive and need to be paid for plus experience. I like the bracing and the box looks clean as for sound if it doesn’t sound right bring it back. Those speaker wires do look like 18gauge. Lol

F7A5D043-91CC-44F9-95E5-53E4373F5896.png

55C322C7-B3A6-4AC2-8015-85F127450556.png

Edited by Ron36

3 DD SL 10’s D4 ohm Sealed box 2.6ohms   Amp Sundown SFB 3000K

Mids all Alpine type R 's 1 set of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6.5 coaxial 

2 Rockford PBR's 300x2

1 Kinetic battery  under rear seat , Big 3

Ford F150 2018 Crewcab                                                                                                                               

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is amazing people have no idea what things actually cost 

I hope they used protection when they fucked you

When something is about average pricing. And you never had a shop  build you a box it’s not an opinion ... ,  since you build your own box you don’t consider time being worth anything I know because I

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Don’t think that’s all that bad , they could have painted it . It is a custom box here’s some you can buy online granted they are more popular people. And for hair tricks don’t think so maybe if it was in a Smart car. You have to remember a lot of the guys on this site build there own boxes even me and wood , screws and glue is cheap but the tools are expensive and need to be paid for plus experience. I like the bracing and the box looks clean as for sound if it doesn’t sound right bring it back. Those speaker wires do look like 18gauge. Lol

F7A5D043-91CC-44F9-95E5-53E4373F5896.png

55C322C7-B3A6-4AC2-8015-85F127450556.png

I wish I could use some of the diagrams people have made for SP4s here but they used Photobucket which expired them. I would rather pay for the tools one time and be able to build boxes than getting cheated honestly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly the price you paid is pretty close to what should be charged for what you would have got. however there are things I question about the build as well as the "windy" and "hair trick" promise. the cuts seem to not be from a jigsaw for the sub woofer cut out. the internal bracing doesn't have rounded edges. where the joints are, there is no seal from either wood glue, silicone, or caulk. as for the windy part, they should be able to show you a box design with port velocity. for the hair trick part, that's a promise too far considering it's a single 15. while it's more common to see a hair trick on 5k, it's not so common to do a hair trick on a single 15. also a hair trick is what in this promise?, i'm thinking making a chic look like Medusa not the tips of a girls hair raise up a little.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mothra said:

honestly the price you paid is pretty close to what should be charged for what you would have got. however there are things I question about the build as well as the "windy" and "hair trick" promise. the cuts seem to not be from a jigsaw for the sub woofer cut out. the internal bracing doesn't have rounded edges. where the joints are, there is no seal from either wood glue, silicone, or caulk. as for the windy part, they should be able to show you a box design with port velocity. for the hair trick part, that's a promise too far considering it's a single 15. while it's more common to see a hair trick on 5k, it's not so common to do a hair trick on a single 15. also a hair trick is what in this promise?, i'm thinking making a chic look like Medusa not the tips of a girls hair raise up a little.

 

If you build a box right you dont need silicone to seal it. Also there is very obviously wood glue used by looking at the pics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think maybe your expecting more but instead of looking at the box how is your electrical and what amp U running. If your electrical is shit U might  only be running like 1200 watts . U better have a H.O Alternator   and some batteries or your wasting all our time. I think the price was fair minus the 12 dollars for spray paint.

Edited by Ron36

3 DD SL 10’s D4 ohm Sealed box 2.6ohms   Amp Sundown SFB 3000K

Mids all Alpine type R 's 1 set of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6.5 coaxial 

2 Rockford PBR's 300x2

1 Kinetic battery  under rear seat , Big 3

Ford F150 2018 Crewcab                                                                                                                               

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I think maybe your expecting more but instead of looking at the box how is your electrical and what amp U running. If your electrical is shit U might  only be running like 1200 watts . U better have a H.O Alternator   and some batteries or your wasting all our time. I think the price was fair minus the 12 dollars for spray paint.

H/O 240 amp alt
2 Northstar SMSAGM220
Taramps MD8000/1D at 2ohms

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Matthew Williams said:

H/O 240 amp alt
2 Northstar SMSAGM220
Taramps MD8000/1D at 2ohms

That’s solid we got to ask all the questions to make sure everything else is good. I say push it hard for a couple weeks see if the sub loosens up. I can’t say I’ve ever seen one sub do hair tricks though but on 5k should still slam like while driving should be  rattling your brain. I’ve never had a sub I can say after a couple weeks actually got louder by ear though, they’ve always just slammed from the beginning.Not a big believer in the break in period bullshit people preach.

Edited by Ron36

3 DD SL 10’s D4 ohm Sealed box 2.6ohms   Amp Sundown SFB 3000K

Mids all Alpine type R 's 1 set of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6.5 coaxial 

2 Rockford PBR's 300x2

1 Kinetic battery  under rear seat , Big 3

Ford F150 2018 Crewcab                                                                                                                               

Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing a Hail Mary over here. Lol

3 DD SL 10’s D4 ohm Sealed box 2.6ohms   Amp Sundown SFB 3000K

Mids all Alpine type R 's 1 set of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6.5 coaxial 

2 Rockford PBR's 300x2

1 Kinetic battery  under rear seat , Big 3

Ford F150 2018 Crewcab                                                                                                                               

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...