Sundown Audio

I just broke in my single SA series 2ohm 12" in and when I crank it up it's kicking my 40 amp line fuse. My amp is an Orion 1500.1 mono block....and what I'm trying to figure out is do I need to run a larger fuse say 60 or 80 amp OR... go back and check all my wiring. My hot wire is Stinger HPM 4 gauge 6' long, and same for my ground but about 2' long. If anything doesn't sound right please let me know.

U have a 40amp fuse on your 4gauge power wire to your amp ? What amp XTR or CB

Edited by Ron36

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Xtr can handle 120 on 4gauge but I’m scared to say something with you saying your running a 40amp fuse with out me looking at it. If your fuse is to big for your wire ,the wire melts before the fuse witch means your car burns down.

Edited by Ron36

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Start with an 80 you running amp at 2ohms or 1 ohm

0EE224EC-07A3-49A1-AB3A-FEAC2E099B4A.png

You should be able to handle up to 150amps on 4 gauge but I’d limit it to 120amps , if it cannot handle that you need 1-0gauge