Second Skin Audio

Looking for my next subs.

Scotnemily

LOL I couldn't help myself. I am sure the joke is going to be on me. I ordered something and it is coming in Friday. I am going to make you wait for the big reveal though! If I get what I ordered, which I doubt then wow what a good buy. If I get what I think I will end up with instead, then back it goes. :) Hint specs 3500 rms and weighs in over 70 lbs. Not gonna say more until Friday :) 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70lbs is HEAVY , can't wait to see what amp u got! Space is already limited in ur trunk, hope u got a plan to mount that beast somewhere!

Wait! Is it the power acoustik rz1-3500???? Lmao 😄

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

LOL I will post pics and details when it/they come in...   :)

on a side note. I have mentioned the subs from Synergy Audio. The owner Curt sent me a video of the build house testing it. I noticed an Alibaba logo on the video. SO since I couldn't fall a sleep last night I searched Alibaba until I found the same subwoofer and test video. :) here it is if anyone wants to see it.

Looks impressive. 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ERISSON-Hight-Quality-5000Watts-Speaker-12_60833891768.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.75605081jd2xbf

well I think it is as I feared. I can always hope though. I just checked the UPS shipping weight vs the weight what I ordered was. UPS says 6.0 lbs. while this might not be exact, it should be closer to 140 lbs. big enough difference to make me think it was a bait and switch and I was sent the wrong item...  We will See. I will post the pictures and results regardless. 

Ok here is the update. Here is what I ordered and what says was delivered.

5XOdvY0.jpg

here is what I got.

3tQFtdL.jpg

not what I ordered or wanted. 

it is however exactly what I was expecting. The amazon page for the subs had the amp photo and all of the sub specs. Contacting the seller they said sometimes it is the wrong picture. Price was way too cheep for the subs. $110 or something each. I thought I would try anyway and bought 2 Incase it was the deal of a life time. It wasn’t. I already have the refund And now have to send these back. I did get $5 amazon credit for my troubles. I didn’t ask for it. Like I said I am happy with my current subs but if I could get these for $200 for the pair! Yeah I am gonna try :) 

BTW when I added them to my cart it showed the subs also. And showed their picture when I checked out. I expected the amps though and when I saw the shipping weight by UPS I was almost 100% positive it was the amps...

Still a good deal on those amps but they aren't near as sexy as ur ppi tho 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Idk. Didn’t really look to see. I have zero use for them so they are going back. I would offer to sell them here for what they cost me, but it would be easier for someone who might want them to just buy them from amazon. At least then they would get free shipping if they are a prime member and have 30 days to send it back if they don’t like them.

I thought s few people might find this interesting. I got a quote back from a supplier. For 2 subwoofers $300 wash plus $200 each shipping. If I buy the 100 minimum qty order the price is like $220 each plus $5 each shipping. Yes that’s right $500 to ship 100 of them and $400 to ship 2 of them. It is because they want to air ship the 2 because they say the will just get lost on the boat. Not the same problem with 100 of them. Anyway I thought it was interesting. Not sure I want to buy $23,000 of subs this time.

I finally hooked the DMM up to the Synergy Amp to check voltage out. I have my gains down well below clipping, but on a 40hz tone right now she is reading 39.4v. If my math is right at .5 ohms that is 3100 watts out of this amp. I could turn it up more, but I put it at about the loudest I play the radio and on my 40hz tone. It wont be that much with music and box rise, but still not that bad for a 2000 watt amp.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 5:25 PM, Scotnemily said:

So here are some reluctant pictures. 

wB1obTB.jpg

this is the mess of power wires that ppi amp was a pain to get the 4 gauge into it. Even with 4 ga to 8 ga reducers they didn’t want to fit correctly. I put heat shrink over the positive reducer, then used electrical tape as a strain reliever. Not pretty but works for now. For the Synergy Amp. I had to tape over the positive dual input and I put a piece of heat shrink between them just to insure there was no issue shorting out. Again not pretty but it works. As you can see I have a ton of extra wire that really should be trimmed but I might be relocating the batteries in the spring time.

Here is the rats nest...

Qi6mKLT.jpg

here is the wires I was able to remove.

8e1SIEl.jpg

Here it is after. Still need to fasten them down and make it pretty but a ton better with all of the extra wire out.

J9wtiu8.jpg

I cleaned up that black mark on the white amp. It is where my box had rubbed against it. Luckily almost all came off easy.

Love that art series. You definitely fixed the ridiculous emf fields you must've had.. I wouldn't have been able to spend any time in that rig without going insane. 

Archived