Hi All,

Im sharing what my plans are for my next car audio build, nothing has been ordered yet so id like to hear what you guys have to add.

Front speakers - Focal 130as (50Wrms) , will fit into an adaptor plate from 5x7.

Rear speakers - Focal 570ac (70Wrms), will fit into stock mounting point.

Subs-  2x focal rsb-300(12'') (300Wrms each) or Focal rsb-250(10'') (250Wrms each)  ... yet to decide what size to go with

Amps- focal AP4340 (70Wrms x 4), for front and rear speakers,

- focal fpx 1.1000 for Subs (700Wrms at 2ohms)

Wiring

Main power cable, ~9ft  4gauge  ---> distribution block

distribution block---> amp 1, 8gauge ~ 2ft,

---> amp2,  8gauge  ~ 2ft

speaker cables - front ~8ft, 14gauge

-  rear  ~ 4ft, 14gauge

sound deadening will be throughout my vehicle, mainly doors and rear cabin.

cheers in advance :)

Audio order.JPG

Audio order3.JPG

Audio order4.JPG

Hi,

I would ditch the rear speakers, find or build some good adapters to run 6.5 in the doors, so you can get a serious set of component speakers. You'll bridge that amplifier to the front.

Keep it 4 gauge for the power, if the amps can accept that.

The box you can use in your car will be the main factor to help you choose from 10 or 12" subs.

Personally I wouldn't get Focal subs, but it's your choice, they're not bad. I would try to get a Fi sub for example, a single 12".

You're good !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I'd use 1/0 for main run. 4g is going to choke the life out of that system. 4g from 1/0 fed distribution block to amps is fine. But the 4g to 8g plan is not good at all.

Also, the brand of speakers don't automatically make it SQ build. I'm going to be honest here, as you should want honesty, especially  since nothing's ordered yet and you still have a chance to reconsider.

Get rid of the rear coaxs (coaxs and SQ do not go hand in hand, especially rear fill coaxs)

Take the money you'd spend on rear speakers and get the focal comp set that cost about 150 more for front.

Your in a Ford fiesta, you could not possibly need rear fill in such a small vehicle.

Also as mentioned above, get adapters to make 6.5" comps work

4 minutes ago, AaronT said:

I'd use 1/0 for main run. 4g is going to choke the life out of that system. 4g from 1/0 fed distribution block to amps is fine. But the 4g to 8g plan is not good at all.

Also, the brand of speakers don't automatically make it SQ build. I'm going to be honest here, as you should want honesty, especially  since nothing's ordered yet and you still have a chance to reconsider.

Get rid of the rear coaxs (coaxs and SQ do not go hand in hand, especially rear fill coaxs)

Take the money you'd spend on rear speakers and get the focal comp set that cost about 150 more for front.

Your in a Ford fiesta, you could not possibly need rear fill in such a small vehicle.

Also as mentioned above, get adapters to make 6.5" comps work

Who said coax cant be used for rear fill in sq?

id really like to keep my full system focal, but if your previous experience with focal subs says otherwise, might change it up.

my next option is to go for some Rockford subs, ive had some experience with them so i know they can hit hard.

either P1s Or a Single P3

my doors i dont think can handle a 6.5 Driver, theres only enough room to fit a 5.25'', dont really want to do any serious modification to my doors either..

IMG_20191212_172231.jpg

IMG_20191212_172237.jpg

IMG_20191212_172358.jpg

IMG_20191212_172408.jpg

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

6x8 to 6.5 adapter plate.

Don't know much about focal subs . They should be alright.

Only thing really concerning is your choice if wire guage for main run.

Both amps have 120 amps max draw.  Ofc 4awg is good for 150 at 12 feet hes good 

6 minutes ago, Scones said:

Thanks guys. Another option I was considering is to change the monoblock amp +4ch amp to a single 5channel amp from focal.

It is basically the same output combined, I was just concerned about tuning and power balance. 

Theres not much to tune honestly.  You're using a passive crossover and no dsp.  

Archived