Sonic Electronix

Hey, folks. I'm getting ready to add a few things to my Harley 2019 Street Glide (FLHX) & looking for recommendations on sound equipment; i.e. touring pack, lower fairings,  & such.

Anyone know much about really good motorcycle or marine rated speakers & amps?

I'm skeptical of the Rockford kits & wanna push the envelope a bit anyways. Can probably get away w/ non-marine grade amps if need more than the one in the upper fairing due to size constraints.

So far, I'm thinking either (6) 6.5", (2) 8", & (2) 1" or (6) 6.5" & (4) 6"x9".

Not a great deal pops up when I search for marine grade speakers outside of JL, Kicker, & Rockford, especially looking at motorcycle deemed speaker and the lot. I don't know a whole lot about some of these companies, like Soundz & Sinister Sounds either, so thought I'd pick some brains on a possible setup. Price is not so much of an issue. Just wanting more knowledge or tools if you will. I will be installing myself as well. Thanks in advance!

Semper Fi,

Jerad

Rockford fosgate makes some nice drop in speaker options for those bikes. I have personally done 4 or 5 bikes from a pmx head unit to a full kit with hard bag speakers fairing speakers and 4 channel amp. they get LOUD and sound good doing it.

https://rockfordfosgate.com/motorcycle/

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

I have a 19 road glide with the Rockford 6.5s in the fairing and in the bags. It gets plenty loud but you will need to get someone to reset the factory EQ settings to flat. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

3 hours ago, crispy_chick3n said:

Rockford fosgate makes some nice drop in speaker options for those bikes. I have personally done 4 or 5 bikes from a pmx head unit to a full kit with hard bag speakers fairing speakers and 4 channel amp. they get LOUD and sound good doing it.

https://rockfordfosgate.com/motorcycle/

So hypothetically, if I went for a stage 3 rockford kit & wanted to expand it by a few speakers to the setup w/ dual 6x9 in bags, tour pack & lower fairings, what would be a good way of going about that?

I guess what I'm really hooked up on is the amp(s) would I need for those numbers of speakers.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Thanks for the input!

Semper Fi,

Jerad

• 1 month later...

Definitely! I have a 09. With mmats 6.5 cc speakers. Killing the Rockford kit. I am running there amp tho. That's the only thing wort a hell out of the kit. Just need speakers adapter 12$. There way louder. Clear too. You need to be on the harley audio forum. Lots of info there. Guys will help u out asap

my local audio shop has been doing a number of bike builds it's almost their entire client-base these days, they've been in business since 1993.

I was just in there getting the box built and they were doing this one bike it had two thatamps 1200 on it.

They mainly use Rockford fosgate or a lot of audio legion and beyma.

They almost strictly sell soundigital nanos for these builds.

Archived